Super Shark Moderator
    10 Year Badge
    Folding Profile SETI Profile Heatware Profile

Question SETISpy crash on WinXP???

just fresh install WinXP Pro on my new XP machine. whenever i started SETISpy, it crashed??? however, SETIDriver is still running, and running fine tho. i've heard SETISpy isn't completely compable w/ WinXP, is it ture? if so, what other alternative GUI monitor i could use to track my progress?? i love SETISpy, and i've used it on all of my machine. so, if possible, i would really like to keep using it.

any idea????
    ~~~ Currently Inactive Mode ~~~

Got SOLD? MOVE your own thread!

Folding User Stats
    How many GHz of Intel + Nvidia folding power? Dunno! Lost count!

| F@H Vista Sidebar gadget | F@H Yahoo Widget | F@H iGoogle gadget |

| My Heatware | My New HTPC 3.0: Server/Client setup + Better energy efficiency |

i have the same problem, but what i do is close seti driver, and try to re-launch the program. it ALWAYS works...without crashing by the third re-launch. sorry i dont have a true fix, but it will work, if you just keep trying to re-launch it. hope this helps.
    CPU: Intel i860 @ 4.0ghz HT
    Mobo: Gigabyte p55-ud4p
    RAM: G.SKILL Trident 4GB 2000mhz
    HSF: Cogage TRUE
    GPU: Radeon 5850 eyfinity 3 22" samsungs
    PSU: Corsair hx 850w
    Case: HAF 932
    Storage: 4xWD640gb blacks in a 0 and 10

I had the same problem on other Os's as well, but more since XP. I do the same thing, just close 'em both, and restart until it works. Sometimes it does take a few tries tho

10 Year Badge
    From the SETISpy homepage:
    Thanks to everyone who responded to my request for information on how to improve SETI Spy's stability under Windows XP. Unfortunately, I have to come to the conclusion that SETI Spy is not completely compatible with Windows XP. Setting the compatibility option to Windows 2000 and disabling visual themes may help, but you will probably still experience crashes, especially if you have SETI Spy start up automatically. Due to other commitments and interests I will unfortunately not be able to fix this problem. Please consider SETI Spy 3.0.7 the last release. The SETI Spy source code is available as described in FAQ 4.1. My apologies to the very loyal SETI Spy user base out there. I had a lot of fun developing and supporting SETI Spy, but after 27 months it is time to move on to other things.

If some one knows Delphi, they could try to correct the compatibility issues.
    Have you checked the Forum policies?!!!!! Do it now!!!!!
    Currently the 11th team in the world in SETI@Home II (aka S@H BOINC)
    Currently the 54th team in the world in Einstein@Home
    Join the ONLY team to crunch for!!!!!
    Now backed up by the Danish Jedi Alliance
    "We are a team. We are a community. We are a fellowship made strong by mutual respect and shared dedication to the task of enriching all who come here. We are respectable, for we share our bounty. We will endure, for we continue to grow. We will continue to grow as long as those who come to us find what they need for their own betterment, and the betterment of those who follow after them."

Mine would do this too. Close and restart would always work. It doesn't happen anymore though and I don't know why or what fixed it, but I am happy about it.

Rob

Used to happen in Win2k, it would take about 5-10 re-starts to get it working. It seemed to clear up after installing DirectX 8.1, strange but true
    Asus P5W64WS PRO E6600@3612Mhz Stock Voltage
    CellShock PC8000DDR2 CAS 4 Freezer Pro
    BFG Geforce 8800GTX
    XFI Extreme Music
    WD Raptor 36Gb,Maxtor 120Gb,Maxtor 320Gb All Sata
    Lian LI V2000, Enermax Galaxy 850W

Super Shark Moderator
    10 Year Badge
    Folding Profile SETI Profile Heatware Profile
    yeah, sometimes, it just run ok w/ crashing. and i already deleted it from the startup folder too.

well, i guess we all have to settle w/ it for now until someone could modify the lastest version to make it more compatible w/ XP. (anyone???....)

~~~ Currently Inactive Mode ~~~

Got SOLD? MOVE your own thread!

Folding User Stats
    How many GHz of Intel + Nvidia folding power? Dunno! Lost count!

| F@H Vista Sidebar gadget | F@H Yahoo Widget | F@H iGoogle gadget |

| My Heatware | My New HTPC 3.0: Server/Client setup + Better energy efficiency |