• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SETISpy crash on WinXP???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LandShark

Super Shark Moderator
just fresh install WinXP Pro on my new XP machine. whenever i started SETISpy, it crashed??? however, SETIDriver is still running, and running fine tho. i've heard SETISpy isn't completely compable w/ WinXP, is it ture? if so, what other alternative GUI monitor i could use to track my progress?? i love SETISpy, and i've used it on all of my machine. so, if possible, i would really like to keep using it.

any idea????:confused:

i have the same problem, but what i do is close seti driver, and try to re-launch the program. it ALWAYS works...without crashing by the third re-launch. sorry i dont have a true fix, but it will work, if you just keep trying to re-launch it. hope this helps.

I had the same problem on other Os's as well, but more since XP. I do the same thing, just close 'em both, and restart until it works. Sometimes it does take a few tries tho:eh?:

From the SETISpy homepage:
Thanks to everyone who responded to my request for information on how to improve SETI Spy's stability under Windows XP. Unfortunately, I have to come to the conclusion that SETI Spy is not completely compatible with Windows XP. Setting the compatibility option to Windows 2000 and disabling visual themes may help, but you will probably still experience crashes, especially if you have SETI Spy start up automatically. Due to other commitments and interests I will unfortunately not be able to fix this problem. Please consider SETI Spy 3.0.7 the last release. The SETI Spy source code is available as described in FAQ 4.1. My apologies to the very loyal SETI Spy user base out there. I had a lot of fun developing and supporting SETI Spy, but after 27 months it is time to move on to other things.

If some one knows Delphi, they could try to correct the compatibility issues.

Mine would do this too. Close and restart would always work. It doesn't happen anymore though and I don't know why or what fixed it, but I am happy about it.

Rob

Used to happen in Win2k, it would take about 5-10 re-starts to get it working. It seemed to clear up after installing DirectX 8.1, strange but true:confused:

yeah, sometimes, it just run ok w/ crashing. and i already deleted it from the startup folder too.

well, i guess we all have to settle w/ it for now until someone could modify the lastest version to make it more compatible w/ XP. (anyone???....)

:rolleyes:

Back