Boot disk failure... crap

I am having major problems with my new setup. I think i am having a lot of ram problems first off so finally i got my system to be stable. On to the next thing. Windows XP 64 bit install. I get past the blue screen stuff and it reboots and then i get a boot disk failure please insert system disk. What the heck. This drive is brand new from hitachi (still might be bad but i will rule that out soon) and the install disk should be good. Could this be a software or driver thing at all? Any ideaS?
    Main Rig [Intel 3770k] [ASRock 1155 Z77 Extreme4] [OCZ DDR3 2133mhz 4x8gb ] [ATI 5770] [Seasonic 850w] [Samsung 840 Pro 256gb SSD with Win8 64bit]

Destroyer of Empires and User Accounts, El Huginator
    Premium Member #3
    First Responders
    Quote Originally Posted by IAmMoen
    I am having major problems with my new setup. I think i am having a lot of ram problems first off so finally i got my system to be stable. On to the next thing. Windows XP 64 bit install. I get past the blue screen stuff and it reboots and then i get a boot disk failure please insert system disk. What the heck. This drive is brand new from hitachi (still might be bad but i will rule that out soon) and the install disk should be good. Could this be a software or driver thing at all? Any ideaS?
    If you get that window, it means it can't detect a bootable partition on the computer. If you know your install is good and you know that your connections are all secure, boot from your Windows CD. After it finishes loading all the drivers, go into "Repair mode" by pressing "r" when it is an option at the bottom of the screen. It might ask you to select which install you want, choose the one that says "c:". When you get to the command prompt, type "bootfix" without the " ". Restart and your bootsector should be fixed!

Thideras
    Desktop: Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H | 3570k | 32 GB | GTX 770 Classified | 1 TB Samsung Evo & 2 TB HDD | Windows 3.1 | 4x 2560x1400 Monitors
    VM Server 1: Dell R710 | 2x L5630 | 96 GB RAM | 8x 300 GB Savvio | IBM M1015 | 34 TB Raw disk | XenServer
    VM Server 2: Dell R710 | 2x L5630 | 96 GB RAM |
    8x 300 GB Savvio | XenServer
    Router: Dell R410 | E5620 | 32 GB RAM | 3x 300 GB | pfsense
    "That's not overkill, or a lot. That's just thiderastic." -txus.palacios
    "Clouds are silent, cold, and wet. Servers are none of these things." -Bobnova

Current projects: Rackmount Overkill (New) | Little Overkill (New)
    Articles: Rack Mounting 101 | Dell Perc 5/i Throughput Benchmarks
    My Website

Want to talk directly to all the moderators at once? Call the Mod Hotline!