• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Boot disk failure... crap

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

IAmMoen

I am having major problems with my new setup. I think i am having a lot of ram problems first off so finally i got my system to be stable. On to the next thing. Windows XP 64 bit install. I get past the blue screen stuff and it reboots and then i get a boot disk failure please insert system disk. What the heck. This drive is brand new from hitachi (still might be bad but i will rule that out soon) and the install disk should be good. Could this be a software or driver thing at all? Any ideaS?

IAmMoen said:
I am having major problems with my new setup. I think i am having a lot of ram problems first off so finally i got my system to be stable. On to the next thing. Windows XP 64 bit install. I get past the blue screen stuff and it reboots and then i get a boot disk failure please insert system disk. What the heck. This drive is brand new from hitachi (still might be bad but i will rule that out soon) and the install disk should be good. Could this be a software or driver thing at all? Any ideaS?

If you get that window, it means it can't detect a bootable partition on the computer. If you know your install is good and you know that your connections are all secure, boot from your Windows CD. After it finishes loading all the drivers, go into "Repair mode" by pressing "r" when it is an option at the bottom of the screen. It might ask you to select which install you want, choose the one that says "c:". When you get to the command prompt, type "bootfix" without the " ". Restart and your bootsector should be fixed!

Thideras

Back