m3 screw diameter?

hey guys,

i have a bix II, i use m3 screws on it but i received a spacer set which should be m3 but it is too small(2mm)

how much is an m3 diameter? because a 3mm screw(same thing, but not long enough) does fit in it

CPU:
    Intel i5-2500k 4.7ghz 1.34V - M0b0:Asrock P67 Pro3 Rev. B3 - Ram:Corsair XMS3 1600mhz 7-8-7-21 1.63V - Cooler: Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme - Videocard:Sparkle GTX 260 216 core 55nm -
    14459 marks in 3Dmark06
    Reboot: "Don't argue with idiots. They bring you to their level and beat you with experience."
    rdrash:"I think Todd changes hardware more frequently then he changes his underpants."
    Join the benching team and be part of the elite

Underwater Senior Member
    A standard M3 bolt is supposed to be 3 millimeters in diameter on the outside (points) of the threads, and have 5 threads per centimeter.

I thought BIX took a #6 bolt (an American sizing, not to be confused with an M6).

Helpful Senior Member Captain Slug's Avatar
    Yeah, most radiators come with holes for #6 sheet metal screws (the self-tapping kind). If you want to use machine screws you'll have to use a tapping bit to add a thread to the holes (UNC #6-32 works best).
    ||[ Oni is a bot! ]-[ My Heatware]-[ In the event of an emergency, the nearest senior member may be used as a floatation device. ]||

well i used m3 for my fans and that worked great(nice and secure) but i bought some screws as spacers (yeah for 8 euros i was dumb back then) and now when i tried them to mount they where 2 mm and too small

CPU:
    Intel i5-2500k 4.7ghz 1.34V - M0b0:Asrock P67 Pro3 Rev. B3 - Ram:Corsair XMS3 1600mhz 7-8-7-21 1.63V - Cooler: Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme - Videocard:Sparkle GTX 260 216 core 55nm -
    14459 marks in 3Dmark06
    Reboot: "Don't argue with idiots. They bring you to their level and beat you with experience."
    rdrash:"I think Todd changes hardware more frequently then he changes his underpants."

Underwater Senior Member
    If an M3 works, then go for it...unlucky you have to shop some more for the right spacers though. You could try motherboard standoffs, they're #6 and may still fit the M3'd holes...

So Pokẽmon Island is in the EU?...figures. You guys get all the cool stuff!

got an e-mail back from the alphacool site,
    they said this:

The Black Ice Xtreme II has M3 holes, maybe the thread in it is worn.
    so it is m3 as i thought it was

and yes, pokemon island is in the eu, check out my pokeballs!

CPU:
    14459 marks in 3Dmark06

Underwater Senior Member
    Ah. I don't use a BIX. I use a Toyota truck radiator and a Ford heater core.
    I had a Black Ice Prime years ago, but it came second-hand from the classifieds with the holes stripped out for me.
    I just soldered on some brass nuts over the holes and went about my business.