• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Socket 940 motherboard for my FX53 CPU

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

vamerrows

I am in the process of building a dedicated gaming PC around a used FX53 CPU I aquired. In researching the compatable components to use this CPU I am finding very little information on what motherboards are the best overclockers. The ASUS SK8N and SK8V seem like good candidates so far. Does anyone have any information and/or hardware they can guide me towards? Thanks!

The one I have is a socket 940 pin configuration. The AMD website has the information on it and the 6 or so compatable motherboards. It requires registered memory like the original 940 1 series Opterons. What I am interested in is anyones likes/dislikes of the few motherboards that are available for this CPU. Thanks

ah, the sledgehammer...interesting
i dont know about any 940 mobos, but im sure someone will be along shortly that can lend a hand

Back