• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

STILL no support for SLI with Vista

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

voodoomelon

This is laugh, nVidia knew Vista was coming, and they STILL have no DirectX 9 and OpenGL NVIDIA SLI support for GeForce 6 and 7 series GPUs.

On their webpage they state that:

DirectX 9 and OpenGL NVIDIA SLI support for GeForce 8800 GPUs will be available on January 31, 2007 in a new driver from NVIDIA

DirectX 9 and OpenGL NVIDIA SLI support for GeForce 6 and 7 series GPUs and DirectX 10 NVIDIA SLI support for GeForce 8800 GPUs will be available in a future driver

What a farce! :bang head

well over here in the states you could buy 1 8800gts for what 2x7900gs cost and then you'd have no worries and be dx10, no offense and not defending NV but midrange SLI is kind of a farce.

Rattle said:
well over here in the states you could buy 1 8800gts for what 2x7900gs cost and then you'd have no worries and be dx10, no offense and not defending NV but midrange SLI is kind of a farce.

Like you said, thats in the states, ive had this arguement already.

And i got them well before the 8800 came out at an absolute bargain. And they overclock to GTX.
Are you saying its acceptable for no support other than 8800s that less than 5% of SLI owners have?

Wish they'd get the finger out.

no not what I meant, I guess if you cant get a 8800 at decent price, 2x7900gs is worth it for a deal. I'm not really happy with lack of 8800 vista drivers either, all we have is a lackluster alpha driver. Its nothing new to me though, when your in the new hardware game drivers are always lacking or absent on launch ati and nvidia, this tiime its the new OS getting us.

Soon enuff, should be here anyday though hang in there.

Rattle said:
Soon enuff, should be here anyday though hang in there.

Yup, it's about all we can do. :beer:

I got both my debadged Gainward cards for €340 months back, one bog standard 8800 GTS is over €450. And mine in SLI are only 9fps slower in Oblivion than a 8800 GTS @ 1600x1200.

Not bad!

Back