• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Woo ! My opty 175 arrived!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hipcrostino

just got it through the mail!

Its used but its a CCBBE 0615DPMW chip. Its in great condition, no bent pins, clean IHS, which is very very flat. even came with the heat pipe cooler (although i won't be using it). Havn't plugged it in yet, but it looks great already. I hope i have a winner!

will keep this thread updated as i go!

YAY!!! Now go OC the snot out of it. CCBBE... you have a decent shot @ 3.0GHz with good cooling, 2.7 should be pretty easy!

YAY!!! It IN! i finally got the time to install it. loading it now at stock to check temps and stability!

This is sweet, MBM5 even put 2 CPU load icons in the tray (only had one before!). Now with the same cooling i was using on my 146, temps are currently sitting at ~50c on both. The cores are never more than 2*c out from each other too. Idle is about 30. That said i have literally only just turned it on, so as5 hasn't settled, and i think i can to the heat sink up just a bit tighter too which will help. I don't think i will every pop the top because my heatsink will just crush the core from lateral strain when the mobo is sideways (aka computer upright). Anyway, ill post results as i get them!

Loaded. as5 has only just been put on, so it should drop a bit i hope. i also have more speed in this fan.

Temps are being reported from coretemp 0.94. mbm5 reports 50c. either way hot i agree. my god duallys are heaters. wonder when quads will be like?

Last edited:
That is about the same temps I get out of my 165 at that speed. Increase the voltage and watch them go through the roof :D.

i just reseated it. load temps at stock are low 40's instead of 50's which is good. When i took the sink off, it had no mark from the TIM on it at all!! i have a feeling its actually concave. I thought it was flat, but it dosn't feel right. Its good to see i have pulled the temps down though.

The heatsink itself is a ThermalTake Big Typhoon with a TFB1212GHE Delta on it. this fan is rated at 220CFM (65db) at 12v, but I'm running it at 7v atm.

As far as overclocking, I'm impatent so I go 100mhz at a time. 2.8Ghz is stable after 10mins of orthos at stock volts (1.35), but i got a blue screen loading windows at 2.9Ghz. I'm very happy with this chip, but i may have to lap the IHS (the BT is already lapped). going from a opteron 146 that ran 2.7 with 0.025 overvolt to a dual core that runs 2.8ghz on stock volts make me very happy.

EDIT: I just want to point out that current ambient tempurature is 30*c (its 38 out side!). this is about the hottest temp it gets to inside.

Last edited:
Wow, I'm most amazed by the 38c temps :) ....it's -14c here :)

Seriously though, that's an awesome chip. 2.8 on stock volts is pretty sweet!

I had to hit 1.6v to get 3ghz out of my opty 165

well I'm sticking with 2.8 for a while. Got up to 3Ghz, but it BSOD in windows. that was with 1.4vcore. unfortunatly the i only have a 0.075 vcore step after that with this mobo (because of volt mods). @ 2.8 load temps are ~50c now, which is safe, so im happy. 600Mhz increase per core on stock volts is damn fine by my standards. but the wall might be around 3.1 i think judging by the volts needed for 3ghz. That all said the problem could be somwhere else, but ill find out about that later.

You might end up removing the IHS. My 4400 x2 runs 45c under prime orthos w/ 1.425v @ 2.86ghz, naked. My heatpipe is not as good as BT but i have done a few things to make this load temp so desiring.
For one thing I rotated the heatpites to situate horizontally (facing front and back side of the case) to eliminate gravity force on them. Then I installed a 2nd 120mm fan @ top front of case exhausting air @ top, front and back. The side panel has 2 sets of vent and I closed the top vent to just take air from the bottom. Then, I installed a flex duct to the vent and mounted through side panel of window unit (A/C), well insulated w/ styrofoam. In winter (like right now) I use outside air and in the summer I just relocate the duct to the A/C. Without the cold air remedy, the temp is around 50c.
http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/5101/02032007070119zt1.jpg

well holly freaken crap. Orthos is now just under 7hours of running with no errors, and much to my supprise the core temps are ~45ish which means they have dropped about 10c from when i started. given that the ambient temp has also changed this might not be so much of a supprise, but i didn't expect it to be this low. This is all while running 2.8ghz on stock volts. Looks likt the as5 might be doing it job.

Wouldn't susprise me if the IHS was concave. Mine was very concave out of the box... nothing a lapping didn't fix.

yeah, i had a close look at the IHS and thought it was flat, but it may not be. anyway ill have to monitor temps. But wow this chip flys, i love it! Games are much smoother!

about your post about the 3.1 ghz wall, thats about where the wall on mine was. when i bumped up to 1.55vcore just to see what it could do. i managed to boot at 3.1 but not to windows, 3.15 booted the same but 3.20 was a no go, the bad thing was 3ghz wasnt even orthos stable @ 1.55v but i think its just cos the temps get outts control cos it boots just fine at 3.1ghz at 1.5vcore

anyways good luck :D what multi are you using 10x? or 9x?

i love this asrock board :D <3<3<3 waiting for my scythe ninja :D then gonna try for 3.1 ghz

10x atm, but i have the 11x as well which is good, my board don't like and thing over 320 HT. My temps have really settled now. I bumped up the vcore to 1.375 because although it was 7hours orthos stable, ive had game crash once in a while. I volt modded the ram, so its running ~2.8 volts now, so its stable at 233 2.3-3-2-6 1T which is awesome with 2gb of ram. this thing is a beast now!

Back