• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TJ09 and power supply questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DaaG

Hello all, going to be building a new pc finally after 3 years of abstinence. The case I want to go with is the Silverstone TJ09 with a PC Power&cooling Silencer 750 quad, so questions I have are,

Is there major concerns with the case having a bottom mounted psu? and is the pc p&c 750 quad enough to run the following gear?

cpu: QX6700
gpu: XFX 8800 GTX XXX x2 for SLI
hdd: WD150 raptor + WD500gb caviar
dvd: Plextor PX-775SA

Not exactly decided on mobo yet will post over in mobo area for that but will be 680i chipset.
Not sure about soundcard or not yet either.

It should, people have gotten away with SLI on dual 8800GTX's with a GameXStream 700 Watt before so that should work fine.

DaaG said:
Hello all, going to be building a new pc finally after 3 years of abstinence. The case I want to go with is the Silverstone TJ09 with a PC Power&cooling Silencer 750 quad, so questions I have are,

Is there major concerns with the case having a bottom mounted psu? and is the pc p&c 750 quad enough to run the following gear?

cpu: QX6700
gpu: XFX 8800 GTX XXX x2 for SLI
hdd: WD150 raptor + WD500gb caviar
dvd: Plextor PX-775SA

Not exactly decided on mobo yet will post over in mobo area for that but will be 680i chipset.
Not sure about soundcard or not yet either.

Hey DaaG, I was looking to build just about the same exact machine with the same case. The power supply should be enough. I wanted to ask you if you found any good vendors for your parts?

Back