• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Memtest86 Problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TechtonicPC

Member, formerly Surfrat
Here is what I am doing:

Load memtest, hit C, 1, 3, 5, 0 to run test number 5.

Now no matter what I do with ram timings or different sticks of ram, test 5 will never finish. It dosn't error, it just freezes. The two percentages on the top right of the screen that say pass and test will be running together, and all of the sudden the Test number will go to like 5500% or something and it just freezes.

This happens with every set of ram I stick in here with my current mobo settings. For example:

I am currently using a 2gb set of Team Group DDR2 667 CL=3-3-3-8. I have my FSB set to 400 and the memory clocked at an even 800mhz. I have lossened the timings allthe way to 5-4-4-15 and by spd and neither makes a difference. Run memtest same results.

any ideas?

There is a conflict with USB Legacy Support when running Memtest on ASUS MOBOs. You have to disable it to run this program properly.

I disabled it, problem is my keyboard is USB so I have no idea if it makes a difference, cause I can not change the test number to 5.

Back