• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can't make file transfers on kt7-R with winXP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hooziewhatsit

Hey all, I recently installed winXP on my kt7-R. I have 2 ibm 15gigs in raid-0, and an older drive on the standard ide. Whenever I try to copy a large amount of files from the raid array to the other drive, my computer locks up. I installed the latest via 4-in-1 drivers, to no help. I can copy from partition to partition on the raid array without any problems.

Anybody have any clue what this could be? Everything worked fine under win2k.
thanks

Are you using the latest BIOS update? I recall a problem with data transfer from one IDE to another on that mobo, but as I recall it is solved with a BIOS flash. Whether this is pertinent I haven't a clue, as I am running Win98SE...Just a thought.

I haven't updated my bios to the newest one yet. I just installed the via 4-in-1's under win2k compatability mode. Right now it's copying stuff, its just really jerky...

thanks

Had a similar problem with my KT7E when I first got it...had my CD-ROM and HDD on the primary IDE and CD-RW on the secondary...went thru backing up everything prior to a format and when all was said and done, I lost nearly everything due to corruption during data transfer...Bummer. BIOS flash fixed it, but I now have just the CD-RW and HDD on primary IDE, just to be sure. Hope you have better luck with your problem...Post back and let us know how it goes, eh???

Today I installed the 4.35 4-in-1s, and a driver for the highpoint controller. It's working without locking up :)

Tomorrow after I have everything backed up, I'll flash the bios and see if that helps at all.

Back