• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

mdg canada really bugging me

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deRusett

www.mdg.ca

that is the website of MDG canada, a PC builder company. Now back in the day, they were a pretty good company. but now I fear they are missleading consumers. I feel this because people ask me about them.

mdg.ca said:
INTEL® PENTIUM® 4 PROCESSOR 3.2GHZ -
FREE UPGRADE TO TWO CORE INTEL® PROCESSOR (2x2.8=5.6GHz EQL.)

Now sure a core2duo can out perform a 3.2Ghz Processor, but I don't believe in single threaded applications you can claim it will be eqivilant to 5.6Ghz. but that is the type of questions I am getting, asking if it is worth upgrading from a 3.2Ghz processor machine they currently own to a 5.6Ghz machine. AAHH.

Next we have

mdg.ca said:
1000GB (1 Terabyte) WESTERN DIGITAL® Whisper Quiet SATA2 HARD DRIVE with super fast 7200 RPM, 16 MB Cache, Data Lifeguard Tools™ and ShockGuard™ Technologies

WD, does not make a 1000Gb HDD, they do not say 1000 gb via 2*500Gb, which they should.

How does one go about reporting a company for misinformation, and possibly false advertising?

We have a BBBoC.

MDG are crooks and a half. back when i was in hgih school, I thought Dell's quality was the worst in the world. Then i discovered a little company clled MDG. they sold a computer to my friend and EVERYTHING broke in it since. Literally everything. Disk drive, mobo, power button...EVERYTHING. Plus their didleys they put on their commerials are annoying.

Back