• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Computer problems =/

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Awake

Registered
Ok so, i decided to dust out my machine a few days ago and everything was fine untill i put all the components back in.

Now the machine wont display and output on the screen. All the components seem to be working fine as the machine is actually running. Ive tryed pritty much everything, includeing checking that its plugged into the monitor and ive also followed some of the F.A.Q's on the forums but still no luck :( !

So i really need some help and would appreciate it.

Info :

Mobo - giga-byte GA-81945p
GFX - x1600 pro
CPU - pentium D 2.6

First I would try a CMOS reset.

If that doesn't work, try building it up outside of the case on an anti static bag.

Ok, so ive took everthing apart and put it all back together with only the gfx, ram and cpu in it and still no look. Ive also reset the cmos ( i think ). i took the battery out but still no luck , going to try that again soon. anything else guys?

Awake said:
Ok, so ive took everthing apart and put it all back together with only the gfx, ram and cpu in it and still no look. Ive also reset the cmos ( i think ). i took the battery out but still no luck , going to try that again soon. anything else guys?
Have you tried building it up outside of the case?

Try that if you haven't. Hook up a speaker so you can hear any error codes that are being given.

The next step after that is to start testing individual components from the system with known working hardware. I'd start with the video card first, since it will be the easiest to test in another system.

Good luck.

Back