I doing some moding tonight...

Does anyone here know how to increase your V5 rail by doing something inside your power supply. I know I read somthing about this here but can't remember the name of the thread.

I have a 300W sparkle.

Hard Ass Southern Boy Senior Wicked Klown's Avatar
    10 Year Badge
    Folding Profile Heatware Profile
    Don't know how to do it. But I do have a ? why do you want to increase your 5v rail. And this post should be in the General Hardware Forum.
    Media Server | Norco RPC-470 | GIGABYTE GA-890XA-UD3 | Phenom II X4 925 Deneb | 8gigs G.SKILL Ripjaws PC3 10666 | 64gig Crucial M4 | x2 2TB Samsung F3 | x2 1TB Samsung F1 | x1 2TB Samsung F4 | 500gigs Seagate 7200.10 | Sapphire HD4830 HDMI | Corsair 650hx

HEAT

"Never surrender. You're too much of a hardass to die on everyone." - Voodoo Rufus

My +12 rail is low to any info on that would also be great.

I want it higher because I have been told it is to low. I get random reboots that I was told that was due to a low +5 rail. Is this info not true?

You should be able to find out how to do it somehere in this thread

http://www.amdmb.com/vb/showthread.p...threadid=50719

Too much for me to look thru to find the exact answer.

10 Year Badge
    Cow-Hampshire, USA -->"Live Free or Die"<
    I know that on the Antec PSU's, there are 2 small blue "pots" inside, covered with a waxy material. one is near the end where the main wire loom comes out, ant the other in on the opposite side, on the bottom.

I STRONGLY recommend that you unplug everything, including hard disks, CD roms, and boards B4 adjusting them.

I'm sorry to say that it was awhile ago thay I did this, but from what I remember, it's the pot near the wiring loom that mad the most difference.

I hope this helps you out.

Doctor

Sweet thax guy I'll let you know how it goes.

Registered
    Dude, be careful, when I did mine it only took like a 10 degree turn....you can easily overdo it!!

Administratively Deficient Thelemac's Avatar
    10 Year Badge
    *Moved to "General Hardware"*
    42 | Sig Assassin

*click*

Well it kind of work for me. My average +5 rail was 4.7 and now it is 4.9

10 Year Badge
    Cow-Hampshire, USA -->"Live Free or Die"<
    Thats a good thing!

Thax for all the help Placid, Doc and urbanski.

usualy...

the low 5 v means there is low power the psu cant handle all the stuff inside ur comp. So it lowers (not by it self but anyway) the voltages so the 300 w is the max u get by all means, u get ur power using this formula P(WATS) = U (volts) x I (ampers) if u get lover U it suppose to mean there isnt enugh power. I is what devices use its hard 2 explain non electrically educated ppz but im doing my best if there are some American electric ppz around here plz explain it better, so where were I oh yes and I is calculated I(amperes) =U (volts) / R (ohms) (R doesnt change in here it cant) so when you add devices you get ur power supply overloaded and it cant handle 5v as 5 but it gets lower more devices more overload, more lover volts cause the power suplay is built restrict for the WATS it shows 250, 300 or what ever.

I might add here some due I don't like make 10000 posts so check it later on for any add ones

hehee if all ppz new this there vere much les questions
    There are few more issues wich cause low volts in general the freecuency aint right or u home voltage is lover or doest be all the time 230v/127v or what its in states the bumping vltages mean that u maigh have the same unstable voltages inside ur computer so ppz use ups
    if there is more quetions i can answer u might contact me in msn samzik@hotmail.com allways willing 2 help if i can