• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I doing some moding tonight...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Yobbzz

Does anyone here know how to increase your V5 rail by doing something inside your power supply. I know I read somthing about this here but can't remember the name of the thread.

I have a 300W sparkle.

Don't know how to do it. But I do have a ? why do you want to increase your 5v rail. And this post should be in the General Hardware Forum.

I know that on the Antec PSU's, there are 2 small blue "pots" inside, covered with a waxy material. one is near the end where the main wire loom comes out, ant the other in on the opposite side, on the bottom.

I STRONGLY recommend that you unplug everything, including hard disks, CD roms, and boards B4 adjusting them.

I'm sorry to say that it was awhile ago thay I did this, but from what I remember, it's the pot near the wiring loom that mad the most difference.

I hope this helps you out.

:)

Doctor

usualy...

the low 5 v means there is low power the psu cant handle all the stuff inside ur comp. So it lowers (not by it self but anyway) the voltages so the 300 w is the max u get by all means, u get ur power using this formula P(WATS) = U (volts) x I (ampers) if u get lover U it suppose to mean there isnt enugh power. I is what devices use its hard 2 explain non electrically educated ppz but im doing my best if there are some American electric ppz around here plz explain it better, so where were I oh yes and I is calculated I(amperes) =U (volts) / R (ohms) (R doesnt change in here it cant) so when you add devices you get ur power supply overloaded and it cant handle 5v as 5 but it gets lower more devices more overload, more lover volts cause the power suplay is built restrict for the WATS it shows 250, 300 or what ever.

I might add here some due I don't like make 10000 posts so check it later on for any add ones :p :burn:

hehee if all ppz new this there vere much les questions
There are few more issues wich cause low volts in general the freecuency aint right or u home voltage is lover or doest be all the time 230v/127v or what its in states the bumping vltages mean that u maigh have the same unstable voltages inside ur computer so ppz use ups ;)
if there is more quetions i can answer u might contact me in msn [email protected] allways willing 2 help if i can ;)

Back