• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

a way to select multiple emails and add all senders to Block Sender List in outlook??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rUfUnKy

a way to select multiple emails and add all senders to Block Sender List in outlook??

When using the Junk Mail Filtering built into outlook 2007. You can right click on a message, and click the "Add sender to Block Sender List" button, and it moves it to the junk mail folder, and blocks the sender, Is there a way to highlight more then one and have this option too.

Am I missing something? :bang head

I've never used Outlook mail for any period of time, but if it behaves like most applications, you can click once on an email to select it, then ctrl+click on other emails to add them to the selection, or click on one then shift+click another to select everything between the two clicks.

Does that not work in Outlook for this purpose?

I.M.O.G. said:
then ctrl+click on other emails to add them to the selection, or click on one then shift+click another to select everything between the two clicks.

Does that not work in Outlook for this purpose?

Thanks I.M.O.G... I should have mentioned that is the method I am using. It does not bring up the option when multiple emails are selected (only single).

Anyone? I'm starting to think this was never implemented..:temper:

Thanks for the info redduc900..I will give that a shot when I have some time to fuss around .. With around %70 of mail from any of my given email accounts being spam I'm sure this feature is a highly requested one.

Just something to keep in mind, the "from" portions of the emails are likely to change every time a batch of spam goes out or even be completely forged. I've found that rules based off the subjects are a little bit better than trying to block the actual sender of the emails.

I typically block using certain words/phrases by subject heading and just keep a check on my spam folder for valid emails. It takes a while to determine good rules, but it works better in the long run.

Kutools for Outlook, $39, seems to offer a more complete solution for blocking multiple senders and multiple domains in bulk although I have never tried it. The blocking multiple domains feature would be particularly handy. It looks like it has some other nifty features too. However, for simply blocking multiple senders I don't think Kutool would cut-down on clicks as compared to adding the 'Block sender' function to the Quick Access Toolbar, the instructions for which I linked to above.

Back