• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Media Portal

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

smokie mcpott

does anyone use this app for their HTPC?
im lookin for some help with some key settings..filters and ffdshow.. i LOVE the options available. reads dvd image files like VLC does. allows for tons of expandibility. it even burns dvds.
just need to be able to compare settings with someone

I just picked up a couple PC's from a customer for $40, I'll install this on one of them to check it out :beer:

bump

noone else uses this software?
im actually quite turned off by the lack of some options in GBPVR that are in media portal...im lookin to reinstall HTPC software this weekend, and willing to give some others a try but, im afraid i have yet to find another piece of software that will do as much as this one does

i tried it out along with gbpvr when i was building my htpc. it does look very good on paper and will probably get much better since it is open source. but my impression was that the interface was clunky and overall it was a little buggy.

you'll probably find more help with specific settings on the media portal community forum.

Back