• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My A64 3700 CCBWE 0551RPMW

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ALiEN2953

i just got another CPU cause i needed a box to return my 4200 in so i got this. so far after about 30m of fiddling i got it to 2.64 at 11x240 and its fairly stable. but of course i want more. I'm running it at 1.45 volts and it shows up in bios as 1.43 and in CPU-Z as 1.4005 and i wanted to know what safe voltages for this chip were. my temps are 27/34 idle/load.

People seem to be running theres at around 1.5 and i wasn't sure if that was long term safe. to be honest its not the end of the world if i kill the chip but id like to keep it alive. Stock cooling btw.

DFI NF4 ultra-d

well this sucks. the CPU is great it gets 2.7 rock solid at 1.4v. but i decided to update the bios to push for even more so i run the program that DFI has to do that and it finishes and tells me to click to restart, and so i do. and now my computer wont boot up. what gives?

ALiEN2953 said:
but i decided to update the bios to push for even more so i run the program that DFI has to do that and it finishes and tells me to click to restart, and so i do. and now my computer wont boot up. what gives?

Same thing happened to me when I first got my Ultra-D. Installed everything and went to update the bios just to have it not boot. Have you tried reseting the bios with the motherboard jumper? I ended up finding a 'full bios reset' on some forum using google. Basically you need to reset the bios, pull the battery, hold the power button for 60 seconds, then leave it for 8 hours. (Or something to that effect) After that it was ok, but I don't dare do another bios update.

Try unplugging the PSU, pulling out the battery and resetting the CMOS jumper. Hold down the Power button for around 30 seconds... I find the 8 hours thing a bit too much. It doesn't take that long for a capacitor to loose its complete charge. Also, try setting the safe boot jumper to the one position... that might ease your troubles as well..

you dont need 8 hours to reset the bios. i usually do about 10 minutes when i push my sli-dr too hard. just make sure you unplug the psu and remove the cmos battery first

Back