• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

geForce 7950 GX2 issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

archangelgabe

Recently, my 7950 GX2 has been tweaking out. Specifically, I haven't been able to enable multiple GPU settings or set up dual monitor because every time
Every time I try to enable Multiple-GPU processessing it has a "NVIDIA Control Panel Application, 1.2.0.82 has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." and just shuts down.

I'm reinstalled the drivers that came with it to no success, so I installed the new drivers and it's still not working. It's worked fine before so it's not the power, and I haven't added anything new to it. I'm hoping it's something very simple I've overlooked, but it's safer to ask the masses.

[edit] re:re installed drivers, physically took out the card and put it back in and I've lost the "Dual View" option when it comes to the possible multi-monitor settings. It still shows the "problem has occured" window when I go to multi gpu settings.

Anyone know how to get either multiple desktops on XP, or what other settings will work? I can't use horizontal setting because I play WoW and in maxed, windowed mode, it'll take up both screens when I want it to only take up one when maximized so I can have my work open on another screen.

Dual view worked, I just can't find it now. Any help is much appreciated.

Last edited:
have u tried reinstalling windows ? or setting the advanced settigns back to default ?

its a longshot but u never know

Back