Arctic Silver 5 Question

I've had an arctic silver 5 thermal compound for 6 months in the closet, that I used for a build back in August, and my question is if it will still work?

Also, can somebody direct me to a guide(video preferably) on how to install an AM2 Athlon 64 x2 stock retail HSF?

Thanks

It should be fine as long as the lid is on it and it wasnt exposed to open air the whole time.

The Beast(Main)- P5QL/EPU, Q9550, 4GB DDR2 800, 2X320GB Perp, 750GB Cavalier,8800GT(for now) Corsair 750 Watt PSU, Enermax server case, 2x Dell 1908WFP, Vista Home
    http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=51210

It's been in they plastic bag it came in, and with the lid on all the time, so it should be fine then?

I've used the same tube for years, it'll work just fine. Only thing to worry about is separation. When you open it you may notice a bit of oil drip out. I usually dab a little on a rag before I put it on the cpu to make sure.
    Antec P180 - Corsair HX520W - Dell 2005fpw
    Opteron 165 <Currently 280x9 1.35v>
    DFI NF4 Ultra-D - 2gb G.Skill 3-4-4-8@250mhz
    320gb+200gb Seagate - XFX 6800GS 500/1.2ghz
    Sound Blaster X-Fi - BA7900 5.1 Surround
    Thermalright XP-90C - <The Quiet Overclock>
    [ HEATWARE ]

Well to get the best results from AS5. From there website the say to only put about a 3/4's of a rice grain size line on the middle of the CPU(where 99% of the heat is). Do not spread it out with a CC or your finger. Then just apply the HSF or Water block and clamp down. I did that method after my first time where i spread a very thin layer over the entire top of the CPU and i gained 5c-7c just by the correct application of AS5. You need instruction on any thing else? The CPU has a goldish triangle on one corner, that corner goes into the corner of the socket where there is a triangle also. the the HSF only can go on one way. If it is a new HSF clean off the thermal compound on the bottom of it with rubbing alcohol and a cotton ball, then dry. Then install.
    CPU: AMD Phenom II 1090T Stable @ 4Ghz 18hrs Prime 95
    PSU: Corsair 750watt
    GPU: AMD Radeon 6870
    Ram: 2x4gb G.Skill RipJaw DDR3 1333
    Mobo: Gigabyte 890FX UD5
    Case: Antec 1200
    SSD: G.Skill Sniper 120gb
    Heatsink: Noctua NH-D14

My Heat

10 Year Badge
    I keep mine in the fridge. Remember reading somewhere that keeping it cool reduced the breakdown of the paste or something like that. However have also left them out and never had an issue with it going bad.

I dont like the dallop method and have never seen any difference in temp from the dallop and spread method on an IHS.
    Main System:.................................................. ......................Second System:
    DFI BloodIron P35-T2RL w/ Q6600 GO@ 3.2 (9x360), 1.4v....DFI Ultra-D w/Opteron 170 @ 2.7
    G.skill 4GB (2x2gb).................................................. ..............G.Skill Extreme 2GB (2x1gb)
    HIS 4850 680/1108.................................................. .............Nvidia 7600GT
    WD VRaptor 300gb/Seagate 1TB..........................................Raptor 74gb/Seagate 200gb
    OCZ GameXtreme 600SLI

that stock am2 hsf is a pain. You gotta have the locking mechanism turned the right way or else it dont go on. Just fiddle with it, you'll figure it out. It took me 10 minutes.