• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TRENDnet contest, Design a better gaming router!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Highendtoys

TRENDnet is designing a better gaming router and wants your input! They are also giving away a few random prizes to those that help them out.

LINK

im in... but gaming router... wow market scam :beer:

if u want the least possible latency... plug the damn WAN line straight into ur computer... but a router in my expierence doesnt add but mabey 1ms to the latency.

It isn't just about the speed, what other features do gamers use. With QoS you could set your gaming packets to have priority over say P2P packets and having a built in hard drive would be nice so your P2P doesn't have to come all the way to your computer where it can get infected with who knows what. This is just one thing that I can think of. That is why they are asking you for info, they want to know what features you want.

in. A router with a hard drive.. Soon routers will outperform my rig at gaming lol.

KosAMD said:
in. A router with a hard drive.. Soon routers will outperform my rig at gaming lol.

lol if you want all these features... why not run a spare computer that we all have laying around with some nic cards running linux, and a 750gb hd...

My 50 dollar linksys WRT54GL has QOS... never used it, because if you have good internet to handel downloading stuff and gaming u dont need to...

Highendtoys said:
It isn't just about the speed, what other features do gamers use. With QoS you could set your gaming packets to have priority over say P2P packets and having a built in hard drive would be nice so your P2P doesn't have to come all the way to your computer where it can get infected with who knows what. This is just one thing that I can think of. That is why they are asking you for info, they want to know what features you want.
no offense i dont see the need. there is free software that can do that stuff. To see if the stuff is safe on the hd still has to be connected to a computer to check it.

QoS in a router has the advantage of not making your computer do the work (just like having a router replace a firewall and such too)

Dedicated network file server devices already exist, but integrating a file server into the router is actually a rather good idea...at least for most household users.

Back