• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thermalright IFX-14: THE BEAST IS HERE!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

enz660

untitlethd2pf7.jpg

check out thermalright's site for more info...

uses four large 8m heatpipes, looks like the tuniq's days are numbered...

this has 4 large heatpipes, just like the enzotech cooler, except with two massive rads.

enzotech x2 anyone?

thank God for Thermalright! :D

edit:
"Includes a back-side dual heatpipe heatsink (patent pending), which not only additionally cools your CPU but also takes care of the heat coming from the back of the motherboard to extend the life expectancy and stability of your motherboard "

i had the same exact idea about a week ago! awsome!

Wow...140 mm fan and capable of two, real monster hsf is born !

Wondering how's those 2 fans fit in ? One of them in the middle ? Hopefully capable of using 38mm thick fan in the middle, then with 3 fans is possible, high pressure with low noise.

Too much weight ? Thats different story ! :D

Looks like my 2 weeks new Tuniq T120 is going to wifey rig ! :)

WHAT!!! hehahahaha, lol
How heavy is this thing?

hmm only 45g heavier than the ultra120:confused: , thought its much heavier

hibner said:
That thing better come with some steel girder supports.
its lighter than a scythe infinity, which uses push pins to for mounting. No need to worry unless you like to go to Lan parties or throwing your computer down the stairs, etc..

Now we just need to get Sidewinder to order some Delta FFB 140mm fans.

I kind of like the FFB1424UHE (not available in 12V). Operates from 14.0 - 26.4VDC (a TEC-style power supply such as a Meanwell should be sufficient to power a couple of fans), 3.35A, 80.40W, 5500RPM, 367.62cfm, 1.644"H20 of pressure, 74.0dBA. I'd use two of those with this heatsink.

I'm glad I decided against buying a Tuniq last week. This with three fans should offer some serious cooling.

Looks far too similar to this though...

00003920-Thermaltake-Sonic%20Tower_CL-P0071.jpg

The Thermaltake Sonic Tower offered mediocre performance at best, despite it's size.

Clockwork_Apple said:
I'm glad I decided against buying a Tuniq last week. This with three fans should offer some serious cooling.

Looks far too similar to this though...

00003920-Thermaltake-Sonic%20Tower_CL-P0071.jpg

The Thermaltake Sonic Tower offered mediocre performance at best, despite it's size.
the tuniq looks the same too...

thegreek said:
the tuniq looks the same too...

they might have the same form, but the thermalright not only has larger heatpipes, they have more of them. Also, the actual radiators on support 140mm fans unlike the sonic's 92mm? (if im not mistaken)

plus....its thermalright :beer:

enzo how will this compare to the enzotech ultra-x one ? i was looking to buy the enzotech, or Cooler Master Gemini II

enz660 said:
they might have the same form, but the thermalright not only has larger heatpipes, they have more of them. Also, the actual radiators on support 140mm fans unlike the sonic's 92mm? (if im not mistaken)

that's what I'm saying, I was trying to show the other guy who said it looked like the sonic hinting it'll perform like it...

enz660 said:
You are indeed mistaken, it's a 120mm fan ;)

enz660 said:
Exactly. I have never been disappointed by a Thermalright product, and hopefully this will offer the performance I've come to expect. I'm sure with the high pressure 3 fans in push/pull config would create, this will be an outstanding cooler.

Nice find Enz, googling shows up nothing on the IFX, so obviously very few places know of it yet. How long has it been on the Thermalright site?

Back