• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is is possible to find the IP# that a WU came from?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pomegranate

I think some joker I know folded some stuff under my username and I'm wondering if there is a way to find which IP# a WU came from. Does Stanford even keep records on this stuff?

Why would you need to find who it is? Sounds like they are just helping you and the rest of humanity.

I also don't belive that they keep record of that for security reasons.

Evil_inc said:
Why would you need to find who it is? Sounds like they are just helping you and the rest of humanity.

I also don't belive that they keep record of that for security reasons.

On another forum I complained about the SMP bonus being way too high and said I wouldn't run SMP, then this pompous *** posts saying I had just folded an SMP WU and I was a hypocrite, which was utter bullcrap. This guy is a real piece of work. I think it would be fun to match up the WU to the same IP# as the WU's he turned in under his own name that day.

I believe Stanford does keep the ip address that turned in each wu.

But they don't share it.

They would get inundated with requests like this if they did.

Not sure if folks like mac who do have lookup access to a db at stanford can see the ip address, but they can see the userid. They use it to check on whether other's have reported eue's on a particular wu when folders report individual eue's on the folding fora.

As evil said tho, i would be happy, even tho curious, that someone folded a wu and gave me the points. It happens a lot around here ... people leaving friends suprises, several people folding under a 'subteam' id like the folding monkeys, and even merry old foldingSanta and his folding elves around Christmas season! A few folks have paid wedo a royalty by not changing his id in the client.cfg setup when they use his 1-click installer.

Borger's who have lost track of borgs would also like to see the address ... console has __console__ and a few lost borgs also folding under ||console||.
You will also find a few typing mistakes in our stats, usually near the bottom where somebody has mistyped their id (at least one is mine :eek:). I recall one team mate (can't remember who) who has a few 100,000 points under a mistyped id :eek:

Where is this guy I want to tick him off too?:drool: I hate when folks fold under my good name.:)

Sorry to joke , I know its your reputation , its just funny. It sounds more like a friendly practical joke. one that should be played around here more often.

PS Pscout I absolutly will not fold 26xx (Hint Hint):beer:

dfonda said:
Where is this guy I want to tick him off too?:drool: I hate when folks fold under my good name.:)

Sorry to joke , I know its your reputation , its just funny. It sounds more like a friendly practical joke. one that should be played around here more often.

PS Pscout I absolutly will not fold 26xx (Hint Hint):beer:
Trust me, it wasn't a friendly joke. There's a link below if you enjoy this type of messageboard combat. I actually like the great majority of the people at PcPer even tho some can be a bit hypocritically self-righteous concerning how they value points relative to actual scientific progress. This MrNovi character is the only guy there whom I consider a real turd. The mods at the Stanford forum don't like him either. They have threatened to ban him from beta projects. I wish they would.

http://forums.pcper.com/showthread.php?t=436698&page=3

Ok then.... welcome to Team32. That type of stuff is annoying thats why this place is so great.:beer: Maybe mentioning the name is a bit to much tho, thats a personal attack, thats not allowed here.

Better to PM.

dfonda said:
Ok then.... welcome to Team32. That type of stuff is annoying thats why this place is so great.:beer: Maybe mentioning the name is a bit to much tho, thats a personal attack, thats not allowed here.

Better to PM.
Great idea dfonda. Join us here with T32. We are #3 in the world standings, and from the looks of things, well on our way to #2. Also here we don't play childish games to aggravate another member. We are mature, and helpful to eachother. We may not be the highest rated in points, but as far as working together as a team, we are #1.

Best advice, let it go. Stress is bad for the immune sytem. Just chill around here for a bit and all will be well again. :) Keep up the fold! :thup:

Last edited:
deadlysyn said:
We are #3 in the world standings, and from the looks of things, well on our way to #2. Also here we don't play childish games to aggravate another member. We are mature, and helpful to eachother. We may not be the highest rated in points, but as far as working together as a team, we are #1.
Right on! I may just quote you on that. I'd like to think of that as a team motto.

Not a bad idea. Why don't we have a team motto? Although there is something in someones sig, can't think of who it is about "How fast does your computer wait?" I kinda like that one too. How about starting a thread to come up with a team motto?

Back