• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Do I need the original box for warranty? [UK]

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Clockwork_Apple

I've never been sure on this, do I need to return something in the original box it came in for an RMA to be valid? I'm fairly sure I dont, but I want to make sure.

Stuff like my new Corsair PSU, it has a five year warranty, but I dont want Corsair to turn around and say no, unless it has original box and accessories you're warranty isnt valid. :(

I'm in the UK if that makes any difference on warranties.

Anyone know?

Well, in the US here recently I've had to return some defective products such as a Sony tape backup library and multiple Viewsonic V*920 LCDs several times and each time they've asked that I send the defective product back in the box they send the replacement item in. The only thing I can remember right now that I've needed the original box for was a defective Power Mac G5 dual-core tower that I had to send back, and even that I probably could've used the replacement box.

You may need to supply proof of purchase for the warranty to be valid however.

benbaked said:
You may need to supply proof of purchase for the warranty to be valid however.
Yeah, I'm assuming that as long as I have the reciept then I should be fine with warranties/RMA.

Thanks, I'll throw out all them boxes, they take up too much space :)

Back