• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DFI: Infinity vs LanParty UT

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Stryfe

I'm planning a new build based on a DFI board since I want it to be a good overclocker. I've been having trouble finding complete information on the differences between DFI's Infinity and LanParty UT boards. I know that the Infinity is missing a lot of extras that come with the LanParty boards but are they missing anything important from an overclocker's point of view?? The price difference is about $100 (Cdn) and I'm trying to figure out if it's worth it to get the LanParty.

Thanks!

Some have said that the nf4 is better for overclocking than a nf590.. and more people are experienced with the older chipset. Would give more people to draw on for help.

I have heard good things and bad things about the lanparty. The infinity is a pretty good board but it lacks the ddr800 divider.

Overall the infinity is probably easier to overclock but the Lanparty seems to go alittle bit further if you can fight through all the tweaking it needs.

speed bump said:
I have heard good things and bad things about the lanparty. The infinity is a pretty good board but it lacks the ddr800 divider.

Overall the infinity is probably easier to overclock but the Lanparty seems to go alittle bit further if you can fight through all the tweaking it needs.
I have the Infinity M2 running the DDR800 divider which is 12 on my 4600 or what some people call 1:1.

The differences I've heard about the Infinity SERIES compared to the LanParty UT series is that it's basically more of a budget series, but still extremely strong in OCing capabilities. To me, it's the no BS, no flashy stuff, no needless UV coated memory banks, etc. I've never owned one, this is just what I've heard.

speed bump said:
No on the divider that will run your ram at 400mhz or as some people call it 1:2.
:eek:wned, That's why I don't normally refer to dividers. I should have looked back at my info. It's actually the 6 divider so it would be 1:2. Thanks

Now why don't we march on silly-con valley and get Phoenix/AMI to change the BIOS to run on dividers. Just let me put in 2-16 or what ever the dram controller takes.

The Infinity motherboards are just stripped Lanparties. They are also no tested as thoroughly as the Lanparties are. I just ordered the DFI Infinity nF570-M2/G. I'll let you know how it goes.

Back