• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Team Motto Ideas thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
dz_jad said:
Build, Borg, Recruit.

I like this, perhaps something in there to describe what we're folding for? like: Build, Borg, Recruit for a cure, or Build, Borg, Recruit. you might need it someday... something along those lines

~ Gos

Audioaficionado said:
What a contrast moving from Coos Bay to AZ. Medford's not much different except maybe 15°F cooler than Phoenix, AZ and some what greener. I wished I lived in Coos Bay right now as that kind of climate suites me much better. If I lived in AZ, it would have to be in the higher elevations like you do where it's not so hot.
Somewhat greener is a huge understatement. I think most of the greenery in Phoenix is cactii, while Medford is everything from trees to grass. The climate here isn't too bad, very similar to Medford.

Back to the subject at hand, let's keep this going and see if we can come up with something. I like the idea of having a team motto. It would really set us apart from the other teams.

Goshawk said:
I like this, perhaps something in there to describe what we're folding for? like: Build, Borg, Recruit for a cure, or Build, Borg, Recruit. you might need it someday... something along those lines

~ Gos
I thought it was already a team motto :D So many people have it in their sigs....

benbaked said:
what about this from the max's sig:

"We shall go on to the end, we shall fold on the Newcastles, we shall fold on the Northwoods and Prescotts, we shall fold with growing confidence and growing strength on Venice, we shall defend our Forum, whatever the cost may be, we shall fold on the Winchesters, we shall fold on the Bartons, we shall fold on the Applebreds and Thunderbirds, we shall fold on the Coppermines; we shall never surrender!"

Perhaps update it for modern CPUs..

"We shall go on to the end, we shall fold on the Conroes, we shall fold on the Toledos and Preslers, we shall fold with growing confidence and growing strength on Brisbane, we shall defend our Forum, whatever the cost may be, we shall fold on the San Diegos, we shall fold on the Venice, we shall fold on the Allendales and Yonahs, we shall fold on the Tualatins; we shall never surrender!"

I think thats a little long to fit on a bumper sticker

silent bob said:
I think thats a little long to fit on a bumper sticker

silent bob, i'll be back to overtake you in the rankings soon. you're gonna get passed. :cool:

yes it is a bit long.

Audioaficionado said:
How about

'We do it for the cure or we do it for the points, but Team 32 gets it done.'

Or 'Folding is a Marathon, not a sprint'

maybe simplify that a little bit:

"Fold for the a cure or fold for the points, just fold."

Last edited:
jivetrky said:
maybe simplify that a little bit:

"For the a cure or fold for the points, just fold."
Or to simplify it even further: "For the cure or for the points, just keep folding."

ihrsetrdr said:
how 'bout:

Team32:
we will take
your lunch money
and build another
folding @home rig
to find a cure

;)
Good thing I don't carry lunch money, I carry :beer: money. And I think the last time I took someones lunch money I was maybe 13. How about Team 32 - Cheesy Poofs: It's whats for dinner. Or maybe something like What would you like to fold today?

Back