• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Jab-Tech.com rocks, He now offers a 8% discount to members in the Armed Forced.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
g0dM@n said:
impossible that everyone would be honest... you're hitting the public if it hits SD or FW... :bang head :bang head

Perhaps those orders from dishonest people could even out just through the volume that being posted on SD or FW would bring :shrug:

Would be nice to just hope that ppl don't take advantage. Guess we'll have to see.

How do those sites find those deals? Do people post them? If so we just need to make sure that our users don't post this.

jivetrky said:
I tried, they wouldn't let me due to medical reasons! I had a recruiter come to my house and everything. But I told him that I had a craniotomy like a year earlier and he was basically like "ummm, well, thanks for your time" :(

Ouch...recruiters usually do anything to get people in. The most common condition they try to bypass is asthma. I had it for a brief period a few years before I joined, and mine said just do not ever mention it and don't give into the threats from the army saying they will find out. Six years later and I am still fine!

So when I enlisted, put on a clean bill of health. However, if you do get hurt/sick and they found out you had a related condition prior that you didnt tell them....you're toast.

SteveLord said:
Ouch...recruiters usually do anything to get people in. The most common condition they try to bypass is asthma. I had it for a brief period a few years before I joined, and mine said just do not ever mention it and don't give into the threats from the army saying they will find out. Six years later and I am still fine!

So when I enlisted, put on a clean bill of health. However, if you do get hurt/sick and they found out you had a related condition prior that you didnt tell them....you're toast.

Well I had actually asked him about the possibility of just not saying anything. But since my head would be shaved and i two have rather large, obvious scars it would have been impossible to hide.

jivetrky said:
How do those sites find those deals? Do people post them? If so we just need to make sure that our users don't post this.
Yes, people just POST them. Correct, we need to make sure our users don't post this... but it's POSSIBLE that a google search or something could still lead them to this thread... if it is to get posted on SD or FW, I think it will take some time til it happens... I think this'll last for a bit... just my opinion....

SteveLord said:

LOL, When the recruiter came to my house (By appointment) he tried to talk me out of joining. Go figure. Usually they will do and say whatever it takes to get you to a MEPPS facility to be checked out. I can't remember if it was at MEPPS where they showed me the MOS information I wanted. Only thing the screen showed was a blank screen and no MOS information was provided or available for the MOS I wanted. And I wasn't joining for anything but the MOS I wanted and I got it in writing, I was also guaranteed Germany, but they broke that deal and I was assigned elsewhere, but I didn't complain because my duty station was desirable.

For those veterans who cant prove identity with an ID-Card. Just call John and tell him some of your stories. When one hears another mans military story, you can either think 1 of 2 things. Damn, this guy has one hell of an immagination, or Damn, Im proud to know these kind of people are in my military :)

SSS, you might want to talk with John and see if he can work out some discount with USPS and offer his Military guys overseas @ FPO/APO some uber cheap shipping or even free.

Last edited:
jstutman said:
For those veterans who cant prove identity with an ID-Card. Just call John and tell him some of your stories. When one hears another mans military story, you can either think 1 of 2 things. Damn, this guy has one hell of an immagination, or Damn, Im proud to know these kind of people are in my military :)

SSS, you might want to talk with John and see if he can work out some discount with USPS and offer his Military guys overseas @ FPO/APO some uber cheap shipping or even free.

I'd be happy that they will even ship there...as many stores do not or it took them a while to support APO/FPO addresses.

This discount is well deserved and I hope it is not abused by those with no brain/conscience. Kind of off the main point of this thread but I just have to mention that Jab-Tech is a great company to do business with. My order came quickly, was packed better than the other places, and was not damaged. A fan guard I ordered was missing however. I was just gonna take the loss as it cost $1.50 and buy one locally, but figured what the heck I'll send them an e-mail and see if they respond. An hour later they replied to my e-mail and 2 days later the fan guard arrived. I would say that is excellent customer service considering the first class postage cost more than twice the price of the fan guard.

jstutman said:

I just shipped a laptop to some major in Guam and I got reamed in the cost to sent it via APO/FPO

I listed the Ebay auction as CONUS only as I knew it would cost me no more than $19.99 via UPS ground anywhere in Conus. It ended up costing me close to $40 to his APO via USPS. You can only use USPS to an APO as far as I know.

The jerk on Ebay had zero feedback, didn't ask me if I would ship to an APO, and knew I spend double the listed shipping fee. He also didn't even thank me. But I ate the cost because I support our troops and I feel bad for anyone in the military at this time.

Silversinksam said:

My card is brown, back in 1998, brown DOD cards were for retired military members like myself, but now I think they issue another color for retirees, even though my card has an indefinate expiration date, I'm going to get a new smart retired id card soon, not sure what color they issue now for people like me.

army.gif

Im getting one of those smart cards too I think. I had one of the ones that looked like yours then I lost my wallet a while back. Im a dependant under my Dad whos 100% service connected disabled.

Yes, Im pretty sure you can only ship to APO addresses using USPS....along with shipping out.

Fr3@k3r said:
I think he should take my advice and accept orders from a military email account only. That way it kinda woulda be hard to screw over the discount.

I agree wholeheartedly. I mean we are talking about human beings here, of course it will taken advantage of.

Ill pass it along to the guys I keep up with who are still enlisted.

I hate to sound like a jerk but for those of us that have served or are currently enlisted know 8% isn't much of a discount considering what we are payed and the price of PC hardware.

Last I heard there were some pretty damn good deals on electronics including TV's and some PC hardware at the fallujah PX. I doubt they have 8800's though :)

You'd be amazed at what you can buy in Iraq, snivel gear heaven, while in A-stan you cant find a decent deodorant.

I hate to resurrect this thread...but i hope every person that abused this deal falls on a rusty pick ax.

It seems like every other day i hear about someone faking military service, or wearing ribbons they were not entitled to wear. That is to impress, convince or showoff. But to do it for financial gain (or to lower payment in this case) is f#@king disgusting

~Semper Fortis

This is awesome, though I've already ETSed I still have my ID card, albeit expired..lol. Unfortunately, even though I would love to give people the benefits of a doubt, we all know not everyone will be honest. Especially if this hits slickdeals, so I'm all for the ID scan..though you would have to make sure people aren't just finding the picture of a military ID on the web and white/black Photoshop stuff out and keep reusing it.

I would think the .mil would be a better route. Even after ETSing, I can still access my AKO mail without using my CAC card. But I'm not sure what the situation is for people who got out some years ago. Either way, this is very awesome of Jab-tech. Two thumbs up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back