• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Jab-Tech.com rocks, He now offers a 8% discount to members in the Armed Forced.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Silversinksam

Moderator/ Silver Paste Taster©
Jab-Tech.com truly rocks, He now offers a 8% special discount to members in the Armed Forced. (benefits.military.com offers many discounts for Active Duty, Veteran, Retirees, Reserve, National Guard, Military Families, Military.com Members)

As far as I know, Jab-Tech is the only Hardware Vendor to offer this discount. He's a great guy and I'm proud to say he's a good friend.

Expires: 02/27/2008

Merchant: JAB Computers

Coupon Code: military
Eligibility: Active Duty, Veteran, Retirees, Reserve, National Guard, Military Families, Military.com Members

8% off all products 8% off all products for military

More Details are listed at the benefits.military.com website and links below:

http://benefits.military.com/misc/DC/DealPreviewCoupon.jsp?deal_id=22462

http://www.jab-tech.com/

Guys and Girls, PLEASE do not manipulate John from Jab-Techs generousity, I'm making a personal plea to all of you that do not qualify for this extra 8% discount to not take advantage of Jab-Tech, he is a good friend to us at this site and well as being a very helpful member.

Again, this extra 8% off coupon for Active Duty, Veteran, Retirees, Reserve, National Guard, Military Families and Military.com Members, this shows that Jab-Tech not only cares about all of us in the community, he also supports our servicemen, both past and present.
Also as far as I know, he's the only USA vendor participating in this generous offer.

This offer is not for just this site, but applies to all websites. I really hope people do not abuse his generosity.

Attachments

• jab-tech rocks.jpg
    jab-tech rocks.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 1,219
Last edited:
I suggested to John if this hits Fat Wallet, and many people try to take advantage of the discount erroneously, he could simply ask the active duty service member to send him a quick verification e-mail from a .MIL computer.

For retirees and dependents and all others eligible, he could ask them to take a scan or an e-mail of their Military ID card, naturally the person could white out with a piece of paper their Social Security number, Rank, and even white out their photo so your picture doesn't scare John ;) , here's an example of mine that has been censored, but clearly shows I'm eligible for this 8% discount.

Not sure if he will use my suggestion, but it's a good idea in my opinion, since I don't like people taking advantage of small vendors doing a great thing for our troops

Attachments

• id.jpg
    id.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 1,216
Last edited:
HOOAH! To Jab-Tech!

(wish the discount was applied AFTER shipping though)

Last edited:
I hope he does some form of ID check. I am law enforcement and not military but have no interest in the offer we get enough perks in LE already. I just know human nature and hope he institutes some form of photo check. Dont want to hijack the the thread so I will just say good job Jab-Tech!

Fr3@k3r said:
I think he should take my advice and accept orders from a military email account only. That way it kinda woulda be hard to screw over the discount.

That's not practical for all that are eligible for this discount, it's impossible or very difficult for Retirees, Veterans, Reserve members not at their duty station, National Guard personnel not at their duty station, Military Families and Military.com Members to verify they are who they say they are by using a .MIL e-mail to validate they are eligible. This is why I suggested to John at Jab-Tech, people could scan or take a digital pic of their ID card like I showed in the photo in my above post, (whatever color they may have) and simply cover the sensitive info like social security number on their DOD card, and sent the pic to Jab-Tech to prove they are eligible.

I found this site for discounts for Military members, and passed it along to Jab-Tech a couple weeks ago, he immediately applied to be a vendor that participates offering this percentage discount. Just yesterday, they finally verified he's a legit vendor in good standing and added him to the list of participating merchants.

Just Remember, Jab-Tech was the first hardware vendor to get his site added to this program. I'm willing to bet other hardware vendors will follow his example, but know, Jab-Tech went out of his way to be the first hardware merchant to offer this. He's a mensch and then some. I'm sure this will create extra work for him if this offer hits the bargain sites and every Tom, **** and Harry not eligible will surely try to take advantage of his generosity to our Armed Forces. If he becomes overwhelmed, I will offer to help any way I can for free. John is good to our community, so it's only right the community be good to him.

Krome said:
I have a card like that SSS. I've never been to the site, but I'm checking as I type. Thanks for the heads up. :beer:

My card is brown, back in 1998, brown DOD cards were for retired military members like myself, but now I think they issue another color for retirees, even though my card has an indefinate expiration date, I'm going to get a new smart retired id card soon, not sure what color they issue now for people like me.

army.gif

Cool, I've never used Jab-tech, but I haven't heard anything but good about them. Their prices are nice too.

Cool, I've never used Jab-tech, but I haven't heard anything but good about them. Their prices are nice too.

My father is retired Army and still has the blue id. I have 3! My green one from bootcamp, a DoD brown one and the white smartcard.

Registering for a AKO account IS technically mandatory, but Im sure its only for currently serving personnel. And just recently, the Army is forcing you to use a card reader (CAC) to login to your AKO....which...you have to buy and lug around with you. Lame!

Very cool. I find my dad and I are always ordering things from jab-tech and seeing as he is in the Army this is great! I thank John for his generosity.

i <3 jab-tech.

i orderd a radiator and a few other things, everything arrived quickly but he forgot my barbs, an honest mistake though. those came very quickly in the mail though.

I'm gonna join the armed forces just so I can get this discount!!! :)

I like jab-tech a lot for their cooling and modding stuff...

Wow, very awsome! :)

i really hope it doesnt hit slickdeals/fatwallet, or if it does they're honest

g0dM@n said:
I'm gonna join the armed forces just so I can get this discount!!! :)

I like jab-tech a lot for their cooling and modding stuff...

I tried, they wouldn't let me due to medical reasons! I had a recruiter come to my house and everything. But I told him that I had a craniotomy like a year earlier and he was basically like "ummm, well, thanks for your time" :(

d94 said:
Wow, very awsome! :)

i really hope it doesnt hit slickdeals/fatwallet, or if it does they're honest
impossible that everyone would be honest... you're hitting the public if it hits SD or FW... :bang head :bang head

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back