• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Amd

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

chaoflux

Registered
I replaced my case with an aluminum case. I also used a shim and artic silver paste. I have a thermo engine mini orb. the temp I was getting before the switch of the case was about 55oC. Now in my new case with two added deltas, I'm getting temp of 96oC. The Orb is getting hotter than it has ever got soooo... It seems to be seated properly... but maybe not...plz get back to me
Chaoflux

AMD

by the way it's a 1.4 ghz and I've used the cpu to overclock before. why is it soo hot....

STOP!

How much AS did you put on?

Take off the orb and see if it had a good contact to the CPU die.....

There should be no more than a very thin skin of AS on the die. As suggested, take off any shim you may have had on it.

thanks

thanks for the quick replies...but one thing I don't understand...
Why is the orb getting really hot. If I used too much artic silver 2 wouldn't the orb get cooler?...I don't know just a thought...

screw the shim through right?

AMD 1.4 (screwed)

It was an AMD 1.4....I smoked it I think....:(
took off the shim and replaced the ac 2 grease...now I get the dreaded black screen..
If anyone else has a 8k7a+....All I get is a blinking FF on the output display of the motherboard. It gets faster...the blinking..
I just hope it's not my mobo..plz!!!!!

My AMD hit 95C once and that was after 5mins when da fan failed, the other time it was off for half an hour!!!!!

Dunno what it hit but it smoked the board, luckily its was a s*** board.

Wif my Epox well, look @ the sig!

Back