• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dramtic Temp Change? [Images]

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

T-Virus

Disabled
Hey all. Today I flashed my BIOS and also updated my Guru Utility and noticed my temparatures where allot higher! Before then where 22C Idle and 35Load. Now they have increased to 45Idle and 57Load! Any ideas? There ain't much increase in temps at load but as it's fairly below 60C i'm happy!

New:

Testing.jpg

Old:

Temparature.jpg

Just a shot in the dark, but have you verified your BIOS settings?

When you update BIOS, usually everything will reset to default and you will have to go back in and make your changes. vCore could be set higher, etc. Might need to make sure your CPU fan is not throttled back. Worth a look.

Surfrider77 said:
Just a shot in the dark, but have you verified your BIOS settings?

When you update BIOS, usually everything will reset to default and you will have to go back in and make your changes. vCore could be set higher, etc. Might need to make sure your CPU fan is not throttled back. Worth a look.

Possitive, I unchecked the 'Reset CMOS upon update' box. I'm watercooled and all is installed correctly. I'm happy with the temps just trying to figure out why the huge increase. Thanks for quick reply.

T-Virus said:
If you look at the SS closer you'll see CoreTemp running mate. It said also 55-57C! Sorry forgot to include that!

I was only going by your text. Its my fault, I only see little red Xs for pics here at work.

Gotta love the blocking they have here.

Surfrider77 said:
I was only going by your text. Its my fault, I only see little red Xs for pics here at work.

Gotta love the blocking they have here.

Yes I know what you mean lol!

Mista Ting...

Your the 4th person to ask me where I goto my wallpaper from! That good ehh? Goto love nature man! Link: http://interfacelift.com/wallpaper/details.php?id=911 There are thousands on their.

btw, i don't think 10 instances of prime won't max out your CPU core. 1 instance of orthos will do you fine.

probably your bios was reading your CPU temp wrong in the first place, and now its correct, or its the other way round. personaly i think 57c is closer to the actual temps than 33c.

darkcow said:
btw, i don't think 10 instances of prime won't max out your CPU core. 1 instance of orthos will do you fine.

probably your bios was reading your CPU temp wrong in the first place, and now its correct, or its the other way round. personaly i think 57c is closer to the actual temps than 33c.

I used CoreTemp to measure my 33C as you know. I still have no idea why the temparature increased by that ammount. 43C idle and 57C load is fine @ 3.42GHz. You think I can push it to 3.6GHz without any risks? Thanks.

Related question: what is this Tjunction temperature reading in Core Temp Beta? Is it OK to have it at level of 80-90C? I have 85 after running 3D-mark for a while...

========================
ASUS P5B-deluxe
E6600 @3,24 (9x360)
Zalman CNPS9700
2GB Corsair DDR2-800 @900 (5:4)
NVidia Geforce 7600 GT OC
2 x Raptor WD1500 (Raid 0)
Seasonix S-12 500W PSU
Antec P180B
Temperature readings: 53 load 35 idle

Back