• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thermaltake Big Water 735

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

chinky714

I just got the Thermaltake Big Water 735. Compusa was closing down, they have all heatsinks and water cooling kits at 30% off. The sticker price for the Bigwater was $149.99 but rang up at $97.99 - 30% so I ended up paying about $70 All i gotta say is, it's pretty good. For $100 its a real nice silent water cooling solution. Only thing that could use some improvements would be the radiator. Its an aluminum one, a copper radiator would be a nice touch and improve temps a bit. Right now on a C2D E6300 at 3.2GHz at 1.32V on a Gigabyte 965P S3 I'm idling at 37C full load using Intel TAT is 55C

good stuff. whats your load using orthos?

my friends brand new e6600 running at 1.3ish volts at that speed rings up at 47c (if i remember correctly) load. (stock cooler) interesting... i would think even though the volts are less on the e6600 the extra cache wouldn't count for that much of a decrease in temps.

but anyways, great price, for an ok kit.

darkcow said:
good stuff. whats your load using orthos?

my friends brand new e6600 running at 1.3ish volts at that speed rings up at 47c (if i remember correctly) load. (stock cooler) interesting... i would think even though the volts are less on the e6600 the extra cache wouldn't count for that much of a decrease in temps.

but anyways, great price, for an ok kit.

the high temp is probably due to the recent hot spell we have here in california. Temperatures in the past 2 days were like 86 degrees, which makes my room pretty hot. Also my pc is basically silent, i only have 2 low rpm 80mm fans intaking air into the case. With load on orthos im getting only a 48-50C load temp. From what i remember Orthos doesn't really put a 100% stress on the cpu. Thats why i test for maximum heat with TAT. In a few days when the temps get cooler i will load test again to see what kind of temps i'll be getting.

orthos is your practicle max temp, theres no way in hell your temps are going to get to the temps of TAT ever in anyday use.

you have decent temps, im just thinking that a tuniq tower might do just as well, but since you got it for less than 100 bucks you should be happy.

darkcow said:
orthos is your practicle max temp, theres no way in hell your temps are going to get to the temps of TAT ever in anyday use.

you have decent temps, im just thinking that a tuniq tower might do just as well, but since you got it for less than 100 bucks you should be happy.

heh tested today while the weather was still cool. On TAT it only went to 48C ran that temp for about 5 hours. Yeah im pretty happy. As this is such a cheap water cooling unit and it performs pretty decent. The only thing this has advantage over air cooling is it isn't affect by surrounding temperature as much. California has had some extremely hot summers lately. This will allow me to run the pc at safe temps during the summer season.

seems to be doing ok. probably performing a bit better than high end air. but i doubt by much.

im running the same kit.

Sempron 2800+ Oc'ed to 2.2ghz idle 21c load 30c. Rad fan speed is set at 1700rpm.

Nice little kit. Not the best but not the worst.

Back