• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Brisbane 4000+ posting bad temps (45 idle 65 load)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TDubbs05

Alright well my friends rig is up and running however i'm finding some weird probs temp wise. It's got a brisbane 4000+ on an ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe and it's posting temps of 45 C idling and 65 C Load at 1.2 v. It's also giving chipset temps ranging between 4 and 10 C at idle and 58 C Load. Now i know these temps are bs but what might be causing it?

Also, whenever i set the cpu voltage in the bios, i doesn't seem to go through in windows. I've been using Smart Guardian and cpuz to check the voltages, temps, etc and nothing seems to work. I updated the bios today w/ no noticeable changes. Is this just a MB issue or what?

Core temp i think has similar problems, should be fixed in new release not sure. ill get back to you on this. But for now use speedfan. and use the CPU temp. it might not be 100 accurate but is ok for the time being. there is also a possibility of a bad thermal sensor.

Something wrong with the thermal connection, warped IHS or bracket possible.

I'm thinking of a 4400Bris, hope this problem is a simple correction not like the Windsors.

Yea they will sort out the errors soon.
The Coolest said:
Yes, you're not the only one who is reporting a very low temperature.
I have no idea why this happens as the way that the DTS is read in the Brisbane is the same as in the older CPUs. There is not offset field either.
I will try to contact AMD and will see what they have to say about it.

thats in related to coretemp i am sure other programs have the same problem.

http://www.alcpu.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=219 <-- related link.

Get him to ensure that the HSF clips are fully down on all sides.
Then check TIM and reseat.

I have the DFI LP 590 (I assume that's what you've shortend in your sig) and it does the exact same on brisbane cores.

BIOS and speedfan both report inaccurte HIGH readings. Core temp displays too Lower readings.

Both my windsor CPU's in the same board report much more normal temps.

bottom line it's a reporting prob. I'm gussing later bios revisions, and core temp revisions may fix it

The latest version of CoreTemp seems to report my temps more accurately, where BIOS shows my temps at like 65C at idle, CoreTemp reports 21/27C idle and 40/45C at load with about ~1.35 volts with a stock cooler.

huh well weird. btw this isn't my computer so my sig isn't for the comp i'm talking about. well i'm pretty sure that the hs is down and working properly. even then how could the temps be that bad? i mean this is stock volts w/o an oc. I'll check out coretemp cause sounds like massiveoverkill might be having some success with this issue. thanks for all the help so far.

Vengance_01 said:
I have tried Core temp and I still think its low. But I will watch my temps.
its new core temp version alot of improvements, that is as accurate as the DTS reports give, anything else is bad calibration.

Yea CoreTemp still seems low 22/24C at 2.8ghz stock vcore. Its around 22C in my room right now.

guys, my Ultra BX6 has a temp probe. What I have done it attached it to the side of my IHS to give me some idea whats going on. Its reporting 45C using DVD Shrink. 2500MHZ 1.3-1.325 volts. Core temp reads 35,39 for each core. So I am guessing add 10C to the probe mabey? so 55C max atm.

Well keep in mind if the heat was at the Tjunction your heatsink wouldn't be doing a great job in removing the heat. if you heatsink is 10 degrees higher thats ok. that means the heatsink is doing its job in removing the heat. Those temps look fine.

funnyperson1 are you using core temp .95?

thanks for that coretemp ref. everything's fine...coretemps what you need for all the actual info. it's posting 19C idle now...i'll let you guys know how it does when it's oc'd. thx again all

They are cool running chips, but I can guarantee you that it is not running at 19C. Tdubbs, unless your thermostat is set below 66F right now, it is physically IMPOSSIBLE for your chip to be running at 19C. With air cooling, a processor can only run as cool as the ambient air.

I am running CT .95, and I don't think that TheCoolest was able to find out why Brisbanes were reporting such low temps for this release. I remember someone else posted a conversation with him where he said he wasn't sure why it was happening and that he had emailed AMD about it.

Back