• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best bang for your buck video cards for SLI..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rUfUnKy

I'm looking to set up a SLI Rig for display in my shop. I'd like some of your opinions on the best bang for your buck video cards to run in SLI.

7 series are going EOL soon, you should be able to get a bargain then.. im not sure on dates tho..

edit:

wow thats a good deal on those cards ^^^^

Rattle said:
why would you buy 2x$150-$300 gfx cards when you can get 1 that spanks them both

To advertise SLI gaming rigs without dumping loads of cash for a computer that is basically for display (ok, and for when I get board :) )

Thanks Fr3@k3r ...Yah, that was my other pick... Not sure about the other cards but the fan on this card is pretty loud. I just installed one on a custom build for a customer last week. Great price though..

7800GTs were what was holding me over till I moved to vista and now I have 1 that doesn't do anything anymore :( oh well. If I cared enough I would get an SLI board just so I could have it enabled ;).

Also those 7300GTs are pretty sweet for the price range, I have one in my g/fs PC and she loves it. Does any gaming that she throws at it (only Guild Wars but hey).

~jtjuska

Bang for the buck and SLI don't go together. You either get a high end 8800 SLUI system to get the best of the best or you go for a single GPU setup. Midrange SLI ist foolish.

Back