• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best bang for your buck video cards for SLI..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
mustrum said:
Bang for the buck and SLI don't go together. You either get a high end 8800 SLUI system to get the best of the best or you go for a single GPU setup. Midrange SLI ist foolish.
99% of the time I'd agree with you (thats the same conclusion that I came to in my "SLI in a Nutshell" sticky), but I run FSX on two monitors, for which SLI helps a lot. A single 8800GTS gets surprisingly bogged down when trying to output to two monitors.

I plan on selling my sli 7900GT's in 2 to 4 months. Waiting to see what's to come around the corner and for what price. My approx price for that time will be no more tahn $280 for both cards then. If interested, pm me then. The 8800gtx is not worth an upgrade for me given I would'nt gain much peformance with my sli setup now. My cards hit 750+ core w/voltmod and watercooling.

LoneWolf121188 said:
I say wait a few weeks for the 8600GTs. I think those are supposed to be right around $150 each, and they have DX10 capability.
Hey Lonewolf, where did you hear this from?? If this is the case, I may hold of on buying the Video cards till last.

Thanks for the links LoneWolf.. I think I can hold off until sometime in April. These cards def seem to be the sweet spot :).....

Back