• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

E4300 Overclocks

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Thats pretty good - what voltage is your memory running at?

And is there any way to run the memory at lower speed than the FSB like with my old Opteron 170??

is 3GHz something that can be expected out of an e4300? reason for asking is that I am thinking of upgrading my athlonxp-m to e4300 and p5w dh

slavik said:
is 3GHz something that can be expected out of an e4300? reason for asking is that I am thinking of upgrading my athlonxp-m to e4300 and p5w dh
if you get a e4300 go with a p965 mobo...no real need to spend the extra money on the p5w-dh...just get the p5b-dlx without wifi.

fordsierra4x4 said:
Thats pretty good - what voltage is your memory running at?

And is there any way to run the memory at lower speed than the FSB like with my old Opteron 170??

Thanks, my memory is running at stock 1.9v, with 5-5-5-15 timings. And there is no way to run ram lower than FSB on the DS3 but I don't know about other mobos.

slavik said:
is 3GHz something that can be expected out of an e4300?

Absolutely. They crap out WRT FSB before total speed as far as I can tell. Most people can't hit over ~370 FSB, but the cpu is rock stable to that point. For my system, it's definitely a FSB limitation, but 3.3 GHz from 1.8 is nothing to whine about.

Evilsizer said:
...no real need to spend the extra money...

Agreed completely. You only need ~366 to just about cap the e4300 out, so go cheap and P965.

well, one of the reasons for the p5w is the wifi :) I also like the heat pipe cooling on the NB and the capacitors. also the fact that it has 2 IDE channels (which I am willing to do without since I am thinking of upgrading to a SATA burner).

is there a similar 965 board? (minus wifi?)

350 x 9 1.3v
untitleddt0.png

Okay - what memory are you running with these chip/board combo's and at what timings and voltage? Last time i tried going over 340Mhz FSB, even at 5-5-5-14, 2.0v, it didnt want to boot into windows at all.

im stuck at 266x9 (2396Mhz) i cant get over 275 maybe i should up vcore ? if yes how much and maybe something else in the voltage control ?
btw i got E4300 with GA P945 S3
Thanks

devilon, your motherboard is holding you back, big time. you need something with a 965 chipset to really get anywhere.

Ok, here is what I am at so far. I could probably squeeze a bit more out of it but I don't have the time right now to mess around with it. RAM OC'd to roughly 900MHz (800MHz stock)...

The Orthos test in the screenshot only shows it running for a little over four minutes but I've ran the test for 20hrs and it's rock-solid-stable at those temps the whole time (+/- 2 degrees). It idles between 19-22 degrees.:cool:

l_4259867864d0d0a27a409a24345722ce.jpg

Last edited:
hUMANbEATbOX said:
devilon, your motherboard is holding you back, big time. you need something with a 965 chipset to really get anywhere.
no the mb not holding me back i just get erorr when i start PRIME i can get 350 FSB with this mb

devilon said:
no the mb not holding me back i just get erorr when i start PRIME i can get 350 FSB with this mb
yes, exactly. when you try 350, you get an error with prime. the 945 mobos are not very good for those kinds of speeds. trust me when i say, your motherboard is holding you back.

Back