• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How you know SLI is working????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mycobacteria

How do you test your SLI is working (i dont feel like doing 3D MARK) I just want to quickly find out if my two 7950GTs are working together...

well the only way that nvidia shows I think is if you go into options, and check "show gpu load balancing". Other than that you can use everest to see if it's all goin good.

Just run 3DMark really quickly and look at the frame rate. You don't even have to finish a single test, just look at the fps for the first few seconds of one test. If its about 1.7x higher, its working.

[EDIT] FYI, the 1.7 number is one I just pulled off the top of my head, as it won't quite be double. [/EDIT]

I cant seem to find "show GPU load balancing" anywhere.

I can however read the temps of both GPUs one is like 37 deg and the other is like 45.

I played Supreme commander and its still kinda slow and lags a bit, even with SLI (About 1000 units on a 20k map). I run a Dual core 960 oced to 4.4Ghz.

I figured it out my SLI is working!!!!

I get an "almost" two fold increase in the frames per second.

Was going to say.. just take one card out and check the performance compared to with both when playing your games.

Back