• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I COULD NOT WAIT HERE IT IS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bkny10555

Brothers i could not wait any longer for the April 22 drop off
Money was burning a whole in my pocket and it all came crashing when my wife said hey we can use that money to pave the backyard

:bang head

NO NO NO NO NO
I had to think quick on my feet

so when she fell asleep i put in my orders :eek:

I ordered all except my TWO 8800GTX for SLI
I will get them by WEEKS END
What do you think

From NEWEGG i got:
Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 Conroe 2.4GHz 4M shared L2 Cache LGA 775 Processor - Retail
$313.00 >> FREE 3 DAY SHIPPING<<

ASUS Striker Extreme LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 680i SLI ATX The Ultimate Gaming Motherboard - Retail
>> 379.99 <<
>> 3 Business Day Shipping $7.32 OUCHHHHHHH <<

CORSAIR XMS2 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail
($179.00 after $50.00 Mail-In Rebate)
>>http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820145034<<

2 - Western Digital Raptor WD740ADFD 74GB 10,000 RPM Serial ATA150 Hard Drive - OEM
>> 159.99 EACH SO ITS ($139.99 after $20.00 Mail-In Rebate) <<

MITSUMI Cold Gray 1.44MB 3.5" Internal Floppy Drive - OEM
>> 5.99 <<

THEN I GOT

watercooling
Swiftech h20 ultra watercooling kit
>> http://www.coolerguys.com/840556020998.html <<
>>>>>>>>ALSO GOT FROM THESE GUYS<<<<<
Tower
Lian Li PC-V2000 V-Series Full Tower Case
>> 189.00 SHIPPED <<
>> http://www.coolerguys.com/garage51.html <<

ENERMAX EGA850EWL Galaxy 850W SLI Power Supply
>> 268.00 SHIPPED <<
>> http://www.ewiz.com/detail.php?p=PS...08bc9d8a3ea1ff7b0bb181db2ecec753886062b730c97 <<

From EBAY

LITE ON DVD RW
>> 40.00 SHIPPED ITS A SPARE<<
Performance(CD-ROM Access Time) - 160ms
WRITE Speed
- DVD+R 18X
- DVD+RW 8X
- DVD-R 18X
- DVD-RW 6X
- CD-R 48X
- CD-RW 32X
- DVD+R DL 8X
- DVD-R DL 8X
- DVD-RAM 12X
READ Speed
- DVD-ROM 16X
- CD-ROM 48X

Last edited:
Man, it's not too late to save your marriage.

Quick go and hit cancel!

Hope you'll be alright when she finds out.

Maviryk said:
Man, it's not too late to save your marriage.

Quick go and hit cancel!

Hope you'll be alright when she finds out.

haha, that was definitely a risky move. Good luck, man.

Smart move, been married close to 20 years, it's much easier to say I'm sorry after the fact than to try to talk your wife/girlfriend into spending that much money on a computer.

T.N.D.

OOO shes going to be TICKED :p just make sure you aadd to your argument when she explodes that you can sell some or all of these parts later on when you tire of them, instead of tossing a whole bunch of cash at the ground that you can't extract any money out of later unless the whole house gets sold.

I suggest some roses and a nice long love note before she finds out.

My girlfriend and I have an understanding it seems, whatever cash i save from skipping starbucks i can use to fuel my computer room / cash vortex, Whatever else gets saved. You might offer to create a "budget" of sorts with her, so at least you'll both be satisfied when another one of these kinds of upgrades happens down the road.

FWIW, great system :beer:

~ Gos

That's going to be a killer system. Be sure to do plenty of OCing and benchmarking for us. :) Pictures are almost required when such a nice rig is at hand.

haha nice i have a twin (almost)
look in my sig
anyways heres my overclock if u wanna reference. i have the same w/c setup as well.. post pics when u get ur stuff

stableoverclockos0.jpg

WOW! You got BIG BRASS ONES!! At least until she finds out, anyway. Looks like it will be a killer system.

$379 for a mobo?!? :eek:

Definitely show us some results.

And let us know how cold the dog house gets at night. LOL

lol, awesome build you got plotted out there.

Guess I should enjoy being single while I can, I can be as trigger happy with the checkout button as I want with no regrets. :D

Everything looks good but you could have done the same thing with a motherboard half the price in a p5b-deluxe but no biggie if you have the cash. You better start doing tongue excercises.

oh man... if the old lady found out that I did something like that.... *cringes*

I wish you the best of luck.

Oh, and nice rig.

and welcome to the forums...

Brando said:
Everything looks good but you could have done the same thing with a motherboard half the price in a p5b-deluxe but no biggie if you have the cash. You better start doing tongue excercises.
Can't do 8800GTX SLI on i965.

Back