• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Good WS LCD monitor for 1080P ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Try a TV... the Sharp LC32D62U is 1080p with 1920x1080 res.
Has 8 or 6 ms or something... Other possibilities too...but not <32". My Benq 24" has HDMI and is 1080P (unlike Dell's 24")... I think LG and Samsung might have soemthing too - not sure... but who cares they're all 24" and you want 27-30"... :)

I'm gonna try the Sharp 32" once i can sell my 24" LCD (Pricing example is $1600 cdn for sharp 32" 1080p vs $1800 cdn for Dell 30" with only DVI connection) ... :)

Oooooohhhhh :drool: 32" 1080p models from Sharp. After seeing this I read a few massive threads elsewhere and the '32gp1u' model sounds sweet. It's now on my short list beside the westy 37", which is nice but just a touch on the large side for my use and a smaller screen should have better pixel sharpness. It costs a bit more but the specs are a lot better and it has built-in tuners so it's not a 'pure monitor.' Although it's very new so there aren't a whole lot of user impressions the vast majority are very favorable. It has multiple digital inputs as well as analog, the only drawback input-wise is no VGA for xBox360, which doesn't matter to me at all, but it can do 1080p over component. I'm glad I saw this thread!

$1600 would buy you anything up to 37" models with room to spare, prices then seem to jump a fair amount to 42" models.

Deff recomend that Sharp 32": 6ms, 10000:1, 2x 1080p HDMI and 2x 1080p Component. Only MINOR issue is there's no DVI (but theres an HDMI slot w/ RCA, so you just need DVI-to-HDMI cable and a simple 3.5mm-to-RCA for the audio). We just got them at work, and we put it next to the 720p/1080i version to show off the difference, and it's HUGE (but I also noticed that the pixel construction is different, they're not the classic rectangular bars but instead the little hexagons like on most CRT monitors). Just wait a bit for newegg to get them in and they'll be just over $1k.

-Mobious-

^ there are a few different versions of the 32" sharp some have hdmi some dont. Also there is a 37" version to consider as well :).

I was looking at the new LCD's from sharp the 46" one, they got the Response time down to 4ms when the others are at 6.5ms-8ms. Looked sick when on display. Might just have to start saving for one.

OCnewbee said:
I was looking at the new LCD's from sharp the 46" one, they got the Response time down to 4ms when the others are at 6.5ms-8ms. Looked sick when on display. Might just have to start saving for one.

Ive been saving up for a tv/monitor for ages. When I just about feel that I'm going to bite the bullet something new thats barely out of my price range shows up and I begin saving again. Heck a few years from now I might be able to buy a good house with the money I've been saving up for a tv, I remember when I was saving up for a 24" tube like it was yesterday. Going on two years now with no tv, this just might be the one :beer:

Although if OLED gets blues right I just might have to wait longer :rolleyes:

Douken said:
with $1600 you can buy a 42" 1080p with ease
yeah... i agree... without a DOUBT.

spectre and westinghouse are brands that go for about $1400-1500 for 42" 1080p, iirc... and 37" for $1000-1200...

yea i picked up a sammy 42in DLP for $1042, of course BB doesnt carry it anymore.

Back