• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A4Tech KIP(S)-800 IP-Talky VoIP Keyboard/Phone

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Silversinksam

Moderator/ Silver Paste Taster©
Is it me, or is this the most ridiculously stupid keyboard product of the decade?

http://www.reviewdesk.com/a4tech-ip-talky-voip-keyboard-phone/

I mean, perhaps if it had a wireless link from the keyboard to the phone it would be more practical, but this is just whacky if you ask me. I could see a keyboard with a wireless phone add-on with a separate phone cradle for charging the phone, all linked to the keyboard as a base station for VIOP calls being a good thing, but this is just whacky...

Read the review above, it's a decent review showing good photos and info

Here's one of their pictures from the review to show you the scope of the ridiculousness

5.jpg

Interesting. It seems like a solid keyboard, although I'm not to keen on the idea of it not working until the OS loads.

LOL!
What the hell is the point of that? I just have a mic sitting on my desk and it works perfectly for VOIP, it does not pick up my speakers very much at all. And if I want to use a different set of speakers for the VOIP, I just set that application to use the line-out instead of the Optic out which my sound system in connected to, useful when you're playing games very loud and you don't want to hear some little 10 year old wining about sucking at playing an "M" rated game.

This keyboard appears to be made by someone trying to be original...

Good review, worthless product.

Interesting. It seems like a solid keyboard, although I'm not to keen on the idea of it not working until the OS loads.

Yeah, that is very interesting. I am looking for a new keyboard that will be compatible with my Residential Voip and will be easy to manage with my Business Telephone Systems]. Do you have any suggestions on a good keyboard? Thanks in advance.
-Charlie

Last edited:
As above post say's, it looks like a usb phone to me built in to the keyboard!

This means you can only make and receive calls when the pc is on.

Personally I wouldn't waste your money, Quality can't be that good I mean look at the price! :shock:

-------------------------
A4Tech Headphones

Last edited:
Back