• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

E4300 Vs E6600

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

devilon

Registered
in overclocking wiche cpu better/ can get higher?and why?
with the same mobo and memory and everyelse...

thanks for help!:)

6600 overclocks higher, but requires a much higher FSB because of the lower multiplier. Youll need a quality mobo and more faster ram to OC the 6600.

GuitsBoy said:
6600 overclocks higher, but requires a much higher FSB because of the lower multiplier. Youll need a quality mobo and more faster ram to OC the 6600.
-e4300 and e6600 both have the same multiplier....9. ;)

6600 should clock better but costs a whole lot more.

Perhaps you're asking e4300 vs e6300? If so, that question has been posed in this subforum many times. Dig around for it.

tyler_bishop said:
The new 6600 are all the ****y ones that come off the line. The good 6600 are going to the xeons. I got mine when they first came out... My chip does insane clocks.

yup... xeons are definetly binned chips, i got my e6600 back in the day, and i am definetly glad i did, although most e6600's still clock very good, but i havnt seen as many latly doing 4ghz sucide runs on air with the e6600.

IMO if you have the money to buy the e6600 buy it over th e4300, but if money is an issue the e4300 can get close to 3 ghz without much effort, and you dont need super fast ram to do it to keep a 1:1 ratio.

Back