• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ABIT SH-6 memory question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bob_Sherrill

Registered
OK I just installed two sticks of 256 meg Kingmax in my SH6. When I boot is says there is memory in 0 and 1. But only post 256 meg. Duh am I missing something here??

Bob_Sherrill said:
OK I just installed two sticks of 256 meg Kingmax in my SH6. When I boot is says there is memory in 0 and 1. But only post 256 meg. Duh am I missing something here??

Sounds like the stick in slot 2 isn't seated properly. 0/1 would be the first slot, and 2/3 would be the next. (At least that's what I'm assuming since the rest of mine report them as such.)

Hey Bob...how's the SH6 working out for you other than the memory thing?? I've got one too...:D

What are you running on it for a CPU and expansion cards?? Just curious....

I've got my P/// 700E on there right now, w/ just a vid and sound card running (Herc 3D Prophet II MX 32MB GF2, and Herc Muse XL sound). I'm using the rig for Folding@home. I've got it networked to my main AMD/XP rig thru the USB ports...works well enough for now. =)

I've got two sticks of PC133 , totalling 256MB, (2x128MB). I've finally gotten them to run at CAS 2-2-2... :D I had four sticks of 128MB in there for a while, but couldn't overclock as high, so I took two out... Folding really works better with the faster cpu setting, than more memory.

What's you're setup consist of??? :)

Back