• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

rma results : psu upgrade :o

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

siresword

my ocz 520w (the 520adjsli) was RMA'd to OCZ but they dont carry the 520 anymore. so ocz is offering me a OCZ600GXSSLI (the gamexstream 600w http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817341001). is their gamexstream line of psu's the same quality and reliability that i got from my powerstream 520w ? im not worried about power as i am for reliability and stability on the rails.
it seems like a pretty good deal though, i send in my dead 520w for a better 600w psu. only thing i paid for was $7.5 for shipping :p
anybody have any problems with ocz's gamexstream psu's ? and are there any other*ocz* (cuz its coming straight from ocz) psu's that you guys would recommend ?

*edit* oh. and this may seem stupid but uhh.. you know that 120mm cooling fan .. it looks like its on the top of the psu .. but its really on the bottom, right ? so that the fan isn't blowing straight into the top of my case..

Last edited:
The Evostream is the high end one, but the GXS is a step up from a Powerstream. It's not independantly regulated like the PS line was, and has a little bit of a ripple issue at full power, but they're a good replacement for a Powerstream.

That 120mm fan faces down when mounted properly in the average case.

siresword said:
my ocz 520w (the 520adjsli) was RMA'd to OCZ but they dont carry the 520 anymore. so ocz is offering me a OCZ600GXSSLI (the gamexstream 600w http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817341001). is their gamexstream line of psu's the same quality and reliability that i got from my powerstream 520w ? im not worried about power as i am for reliability and stability on the rails.
it seems like a pretty good deal though, i send in my dead 520w for a better 600w psu. only thing i paid for was $7.5 for shipping :p
anybody have any problems with ocz's gamexstream psu's ? and are there any other*ocz* (cuz its coming straight from ocz) psu's that you guys would recommend ?

*edit* oh. and this may seem stupid but uhh.. you know that 120mm cooling fan .. it looks like its on the top of the psu .. but its really on the bottom, right ? so that the fan isn't blowing straight into the top of my case..

They are showing it upside down. The offset mounting screw hole is really on the top and the fan will be where it should be. Sounds like a good deal to me.

Here is an evaluation of its bigger brother, 700w:

http://www.jonnyguru.com/review_details.php?id=35

I don't know if there is a component build difference between the 600 and 700w. I don't see anything bad about it. Maybe OW or S/N will be along with specifics.

Sorry OW, was looking at Jonny's site.......

okay, i guess i was just worried that their gamexstream was a 'cheaper' series than the powerstreams and wouldn't offer the same quality. and the evo series is too pro anyway - i have no need for a 1kw psu when i dont even have sli. does everybody agree that they're all the same quality wise?

Oklahoma Wolf said:
That 120mm fan faces down when mounted properly in the average case.

haha okay okay just checking cuz the picture worried me for a second

=) That power supply should be more than superfluous for your needs. =)

the fan points down in average cases.

good luck! let me know how everything goes.

Back