• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

e4300 and Cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

M36

Registered
Using the stock cooling fan on my e4300, GA-965P-DS3, I had core readings in the 30's at idle. Since I was planning to overclock I bought a Thermaltake Silent 775 to improve the cooling using arctic silver. The temperatures for the two cores went up into the 40's. While playing an online game it was around 58. My clock speed is at 2250 mhz. Right now at idle according to SF my temps are:

Temp 1 37
Temp 2 35
Temp 3 -2
Core 0 43
Core 1 43

Are these normal when my stock cooling fan had lower temps? If I was to over clock to at least 3.0 will my temps get way to high?

BTW, this is all new to me.

Thanks

imposter said:
Hey :welcome: to ocf. You must have done something wrong. your temps shoudlnt have increased like that..... try taking it off and putting it back on. Apply only a grain size of thermal paste! try using http://www.alcpu.com/CoreTemp/

I followed the online instructions for the ASilver and it said to lay a thin bead the length of the processor, slightly in from the top and the bottom. A guy at the store said to use about the size of a grain of rice. Was I dumb enough to follow the instructions from the makes of ASelver?:rolleyes:

Can to much cause heating problems?

Thanks

i wouldn't say 10 degree difference but you can try reseting the heating sink or find a super fan and place it right on your heatsink it could just the fan is running slow because it wants to be silent. hence the name Thermaltake "Silent" 775

Im beginning to think I need to return this to the store and find something better. I dont really care about being silent, I want cooler temps and this isnt doing it at all. I am not comfortable overclocking with this thing and what it is not doing.

Well I am sure this makes sense to someone. I put the ASilver on the CPU as described by their web site and got the temperatures that I posted earlier. After reading what imposter wrote I took it all apart and put the ASilver on, about the size of a grain of rice, maybe slightly bigger.
This is what my temps are according to SpeedFan as I am typing this. About 10 degrees difference. If this is normal and what I should be getting I will start the OCing tomorrow.

Temp 1 35c
Temp 2 22c
Temp 3 -2
Core 0 31
Core 1 33

Thanks for the input.

That could also have been cause by one of the pegs not being in all the way, which would cause only part of the cpu to be cooled.

M36 said:
Well I am sure this makes sense to someone. I put the ASilver on the CPU as described by their web site and got the temperatures that I posted earlier. After reading what imposter wrote I took it all apart and put the ASilver on, about the size of a grain of rice, maybe slightly bigger.
This is what my temps are according to SpeedFan as I am typing this. About 10 degrees difference. If this is normal and what I should be getting I will start the OCing tomorrow.

Temp 1 35c
Temp 2 22c
Temp 3 -2
Core 0 31
Core 1 33

Thanks for the input.

those are alot better, what kind of fan are you using on this cooler now? a better fan with more CFM will help alot for load temps and idle if fan you have now isnt so great

The 90mm fan that came with the everything else. There are holes for a larger diameter fan that I may go to.

Thanks

Back