• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2 GPU'S Same rig

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NEWBIE911

Trying to fold 2 GPU'S In the same Rig .... Cant figure it out ......

I'm using winxp Can only get one to run tried to follow the FAQ from stanford ....

Assuming you set up two directories, one for each GPU, I'm going to guess that you didn't answer yes to "change advanced options" when running -config and give one instance a different machine ID. I'm also assuming you stopped all cpu instances (the GPU instances must have machine IDs different than any running CPU instances).

Folks haven't had much luck running two GPUs. One will run close to proper speed but the other will always be slower than it would as a stand alone GPU.

pscout said:
Zim, i thought 6.11 drivers were need for the 1950 pro's?

Also, what mobo do you run 2 of them on?

I just use what works...no experimenting with the latest greatest

mobo Asus M2R32-MVP Socket AM2

zim01 said:
I just use what works...no experimenting with the latest greatest

mobo Asus M2R32-MVP Socket AM2

I never had any sucess with dual gpu's ... all my tests were on asus intel chip sets including a p5w64 where i even tried 3.

The only results i recall seeing where the 2 gpu's get close to the perf of 1 is when the 2 gpu's are the same. The only 2 identical ones i had were aiw x1900's. I had 1 1950 pro, ... i guess i should have gotten a second one :shrug:

Or perhaps more likley is it the radeon chipset on your mobo which appears to have 2 pci-e 16x slots.

So i kindof gave up on them ... in my space/rack limited environement, smp and quads make a lot more sense esp with cooling and power requirements for the gpu's, and summer temps approaching.

Last edited:
pscout said:
I never had any sucess with dual gpu's ... all my tests were on asus intel chip sets including a p5w64 where i tried 3.

The only results i recall seeing where the 2 gpu's get close to the perf of 1 is when the 2 gpu's are the same. The only 2 identical ones i had were aiw x1900's.

So i kindof gave up on them ... in my space/rack limited environement, smp and quads make a lot more sense esp with cooling and power requirements for the gpu's, and summer temps approaching.

I"m all for quads...go Pete

pscout said:
I never had any sucess with dual gpu's ... all my tests were on asus intel chip sets including a p5w64 where i tried 3.

The only results i recall seeing where the 2 gpu's get close to the perf of 1 is when the 2 gpu's are the same. The only 2 identical ones i had were aiw x1900's.

I did have 3(in separate rigs), but now am GPU-less. With Summer on it's way, I'll have to get the lm sensors setup on the Linux rigs.

zim01 said:
...These are x1950 Pro's...run ~7/frame day in, day out...
Are you running 3D clocks or 2D clocks?

Is there a way to force 3D clocks with two cards?

edit: n/m - tray tools works.

Last edited:
Back