• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8600GTS OC to 1ghz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
With some high vmods yeah. Maybe the castrated memory bus doesn't hurt those cards as much as I thought they might, at least 3DM doesn't show it. I wonder what 8800's can do with similar vmods?

One Bull said:
Dang, that's the highest oc I've seen with any g80 model. The 8600 really is the best bang for the buck.

It is no surprise at all that the 8600 core OC's well. It is built on a 65nm process and has a lower pipeline
and shader count than even an a 8800GTS G80's does. It is no match for a stock 8800 and you would
OC the hell out of it to if you had it.

Viper

Looks like i'll be getting one of these if the price is right when i switch to AGP and retire the old 6800GT

If the price is in the $160-$230 range i'll be buying one of these cards as my first PCIE card.

not bad at all... but look at that 6 slot cooling solution... and im sure the card with thoes voltages wouldnt last long... i love how the ram is so slow tho.... the ram would be MUCH mroe beneficial to oc more as the bus width is quite small compared to the 8800's

ocing to that extent just aint worth it IMO.. why risk a 170-200 dollar card, and have tons of heat when you could save 100 more and grab a 8800gts.. BUT this WILL be a sweet lil "budget" card

i like how they had to blur all the stuff out.

nd4spdbh2 said:
i like how they had to blur all the stuff out.

yeah, they are allowed to show all kinds of crazy voltmods (although easily done voltmods, i mean crazy like 2.4v for the mem crazy) and even the core itself, but they have to blur out a full card shot. seems strange.

I guess one could switch back to agp since there is a 8600 comming out for agp too (at least I thought so) Just imagine, a 1Ghz core on a agp system with ddr 1 :D lmao

Back