• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel D975XBX2 OverClocking settings

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Darks

Does anyone know what settings I would use to over clock my E6600 CPU on this board? I dont want ot max it out but push it up a little. I would like to set it to 2.8 Does anyone know what the correct settings would be for the cpu and ram? Voltage, and all too please.

Thanks all!

OK, I changed some of the settings to a 2.8 but when I reboot it fails and gives me a message to reset the bios. Anyone at all know what all changes I need to make or can someone point me in the right direction to read up on this?

The power supply really has nothing to do with this, trust me its not the problem. but for your info its a 500w.

The memory is Corsairs

2GB (2 x 1GB)
Speed DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)
Cas Latency 5
Timing 5-5-5-12
Voltage 1.9V

Why Tyranos? Just because I said the PSU is not the issue? Give me a break dude.

Yes I need some help why do you think I posted it?
Seriously dude if you can’t offer any advice other then sarcasm then please don’t post it here. I asked for some help I think that’s plain and simple.

Darks: First off welcome to teh fourm Im sure we can get the 2.8 you are looking for with your system . Can you Please provide us with you System specs Most ppl make a Sig and put it all in there .

Please list
MB (and Bios version)
Cpu
Psu
Ram ( timeings as well)
and the cooling you are using
once we have this info we can help you out more .

Hi Console, this is what I have. and thanks!

[CPU]-------------[6600E Intel Core 2 Duo]
[MainBoard]-----[Intel D975XBX2 Latest Bios]
[GFX]-------------[EVGA 8800gt]
[RAM]-------------[CORSAIR XMS2 2GB PC6400 5-5-5-15 CAS 5]
[PSU]-------------[Apeiva 500W]
[Cooling]---------[ZALMAN CNPS9500 LED 92mm W/Arctic Silver Paste]

:rolleyes I have the same board, and I have the E6400, with 2 512 of OCZ 800mhz ram and an ATI 1950 pro video card, with a thermaltake 500 PSU, Can anyone of you tell me how to overclock, I don't know how to change the setting, I just want to push it up to maybe 2.4 if I can! if not 2.2. I just want to make it stable and run!!!:beer:

Sorry to have to say this but this forum absolutely sucks ***. No one responds to a valid question and when you do get someone answering its someone with a smart *** remark. Please Del my login I wont be back to this lame *** forum.

He was asking what kind of power supply you have because, well, you could have some 800Megawatt (not a typo) powersupply and it be generic and not even be able to run a pentium 3. My suggestion is is raising the fsb about 5MHz, run orthos for at least 1 hour, 12+ hours would be ideal, to test for stability. Keep doing this until you get errors. Once you get errors either lower it back 5MHz and try in 1MHz steps or up your vCore 1 step and repeat the process. Also, lower your mem speed to keep that out of the equation.

Darks said:
Sorry to have to say this but this forum absolutely sucks ***. No one responds to a valid question and when you do get someone answering its someone with a smart *** remark. Please Del my login I wont be back to this lame *** forum.

If you had read the stickys you wouldnt be asking these questions in the first place , did you try the search button ? there are only 1000 other ppl that have asked the same question .

Back