• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

single loop -> dual loop?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Otter said:
Why not leave the fans on the same side but flip them around so they blow the other way?

I suppose I could do that. I thought that having the fans pull was more efficient, though?

I prefer to pull the case air through the rad. Mostly just a matter of opinion. Feel pulling gets more air through the fins and sucks warm air out of the case at same time.

Pushing tends to give you a backlash affect and doesnt get rid of internal air nearly as well as pulling. Push/pull combo is deemed to be the best, though I have never really seen much diff between pulling and push/pull.

aaronjb said:
I suppose I could do that. I thought that having the fans pull was more efficient, though?
Pulling usually gives a slightly better cooling to noise ratio. In terms of thermal performance, though, it's a toss up. In some situations, pushing is actually more effective. And either way, the difference will only be a few percent.

If you're concerned about the case air temp and you have an extra drive bay, try leaving the top bay open to act as an exhaust vent.

smokie mcpott said:
had to block the heat coming into the computer room because all it took to warm up in here was 20 minutes with mine and my wifes computers on

lol... built my rig, then a rig for the lil' lady and the warm air from both rigs prompted me to install a ceiling fan in the computer room.

t3chHungry said:
lol... built my rig, then a rig for the lil' lady and the warm air from both rigs prompted me to install a ceiling fan in the computer room.
heh... with my ipcop box, nasbox, ubuntu box, and webserver running 24/7, then both of our main rigs run for a good 8-10 hours a day and our sons rig running about 2 hours a day...i had to bypass the ceiling fan and opt for the window A/C unit

Back