• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The Console Project by Navig

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Painted hardware is starting to trickle through my assembly line. Enough to put the basics back together:

Firstassemblyfront.jpg

Here I'm testing one look for my backing--matte gray:

Firstassemblymattegrayback.jpg

Hmm! Fortunately that was merely a theoretical xbox!

sandles and socks...really lol......very nice. its lookin very profesh.

Okay, finally got this damn logo thing completed:

Logofrontopenwindow.jpg

Finished my hard drive rack and power supply mount.

What do you think?

Slate blue:

Hardwareassembleddrive.jpg

Salmon orange:

Hardwareassembleddriveorange.jpg

That is beautiful. I like the orange.

I wonder what the total cost of the project was? How much of a profit do you think you could make by selling those (or similar ones) to your neighbors? (I bet they would buy.)

Here I've made a duct that directs intake air towards the motherboard, as well as a storage rack for extra psu cables.

Fanductwithcablesslots.jpg

PLEASE paint the face of that optical drive on the right. that standard white color is killing me when the rest of the project looks so good.

What, you don't like my Dell 8x CD-Rom? I guess I am at the stage where I should be looking at what hardware to put in this system. I'm thinking my good ol' e6600, a new IP35-pro, my 150 raptors, some new sata opticals, and my ol' HX 620.

Put together a fan shroud, to pull air thru fan filters that will be mounted on the backer board, plus direct the fans in angle towards the motherboard side.

Intakeshroudjpsweld.jpg

And installed:

Intakeshroudmounted.jpg

Also made some home made cable clips (with a jig and a heatgun):

Cableclips2.jpg

Back