• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The Console Project by Navig

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Maybe just a very rough quick cost analysis:

$12 - Stock mdf
$25 - Hard drive rack and psu plate
$40 - stock plastic
$30 - hardware and aluminum stock
$20 - paint

$127 - total

Anyway, completed the cutouts for the back panel:

Backerfangrills.jpg

And that's about it, except for aesthetics and lighting. Here's a series of current pics:

A long-exposure pic of the logo:

Completenolightsdarklogo.jpg

Wide open!

Completenolightsopen.jpg

PSU angle:

Completenolightspsuside.jpg

I/O side. I've run out of black thumbscrews, so I'll need pick up some more to mount my bay covers.

Completenolightsioside.jpg

Glimpse of the fan intakes:

Completenolightsfrontangle.jpg

And the backside of the system:

Completenolightsopenbackjpg.jpg

And finally a quick demo once again of the front doors and logo in action. The logo looks a bit dim, but its mostly that this camera needs very bright lights to capture video:

th_ed66faad.jpg

Added some ccfls to the motherboard half:

Door closed:

CCFLmobodoorsclosed.jpg

Door open:

CCFLmobodoorsopen.jpg

Keep in mind the door is about a 10s exposure, so its a bit of a camera bias. The whole mobo lights up, but its pretty dim, and actually not distracting for a computer case.

Taped up some lights on the other half:

ccflsbothsidesdoorsclosed.jpg

ccflsbothsidesdoorsopened.jpg

Time to secure the ccfls and lines.

Here's my plan for the hardware:

Old: e6600, Crucial Ballistix, Thermalright Ultra 120x, WD raptor 150x2, Corsair HX 620, Sunbeam fan controller

New: Ip 35 pro, evga 8800 gts, 2x SATA Lite On DVD drives

Okay, all the lighting is hardmounted and wired. Here's a little video demostrating the front face features of this case:

th_4a9189eb.jpg

I've decided to add an additional 80mm exhaust panel over the unused pci slots, to aid in gpu exhaust.

Then I've got to make the mount brackets for my optical drives, which arrived today.

IP35 pro should be arriving soon, as well as a nice new IFX 14.

looks fantastic. like nothing i've ever seen. i really like that you can turn the lights on and off. if you need to leave it alone to do some long drawn out process, you may as well turn them off and save some electricity.

Okay, these are the final 5.25 bay components:

5.25bays.jpg

Happy?

The bay component are mounted by screwing a bracket stop to each of the components. They then slide in and mount with thumbscrews, like so (case is upside down):

Undersidemounts.jpg

Alright, stay tuned for my money shots, then I'll finalize and install my components, then some more money shots.

Hi all,

Its now pretty much done. I was in the depths of wiring mania, as well as producing my Thermalright IFX-14 review. I include a link because this review is a preview of the hardware and setup going into this case.

Anyway, took some time fixing the resistance on a new sunbeam fan controller, then laying out all the wiring. Remember, that's 5 120mm fans, all requiring custom cabling, 7 LEDs and 4 cold cathodes on 3 switches, not to mention all the cabling for the guru panel (lcd, bios switch, audio, USB, and firewire):

Here are a lot of them hanging out:

Wiringmess.jpg

Really at this point, I'm ready to install the actual components, then button up the wiring and cable arrangement!

Also, installed a gpu cooling exhaust panel:

PCIexhaustpanel.jpg

Back