• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The Console Project by Navig

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Actually, just finished my completed pictures about 10 minutes ago. I just have to compile, edit, and post them. Spent the whole day wrangling wiring (you'll see the pics)--you can plan all you want and pre-wire all you want, but when you actually put the components in there, you still spend hours wrangling!

More tonight.

Navig.

Where do you live?
What time do you normally leave your house?
do you have any security?

;)

Wow man, that's some really nice work. I hope to be able to do something that involved some day ;)

Alright, here is the link to my Completed Console PC project thread:

--> Link <--

Its my newest baby!

Opennaturallight.jpg

I work in an Emergency Room, so you'll never know when I'm working, sleeping, or tinkering on my projects. I live in a "flat" in Boston, and trust me you'll need a forklift to move this case!

Oddly enough, even tho a lot of love and design went into this case, overall its really pretty cheap. Material costs run somewhere around US$200, which is what the price of a Stacker. In fact, I could probably build a second, given several weeks worth of project time.

That is one beautiful computer right there. Very nice work! :thup: :thup:

excellent. that is some top notch cable management too. i really like the looks of the thermalright heatsink. it's totally "in your face".

Coupla of last pics here:

My concept! Unforunately I do not own a nice television, so this a really bad photochop job:

Photochopped1.jpg

And how it is really currently being used, as of 30 minutes ago:

Consoleinuse.jpg

navig

and also what are the final results with the average case temp and cpu temp?

is it quiet enough to overclock?

will you overclock it?

will you send it to me for free?

Of course, please link it!

If you run thru the thread at the abit forums, you will see it is running an e6600 at 3.6ghz. I've actually backed it down to 3.51 for this week as its over 95F in Boston right now. Load under folding is about 49c, system temps about 31c.

Technically speaking, I could make another fairly easy. Still have all the measurements, and the jig for bending plastics. I think it would be fairly prohibitively expensive to pay for the labor.

navig

Thanks a lot! It was a lot of fun to build, and learned a lot. I'll keep on building, already planning my 2nd project after completing this one.

navig

Back